Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PDE4
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PDE4 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDE4
SpecificityThis antibody detects all known PDE4 A and D variants including PDE4A1, A5, Ax, A8 and PDE4D1-D5. It has low affinity for PDE4B variants.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive).
- Rat brain.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14628 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
RelevanceThe cAMP-specific Phosphodiesterase type 4 (PDE4) family is comprised of 4 genes (PDE4 A, B, C and D) with multiple splice variants generated by RNA splicing and use of alternate initiation sites. The cAMP-dependent protein kinase A modulates the enzyme activity of some PDE4 family members by phosphorylation / dephosphorylation mechanisms. Such short-term regulatory mechanisms are necessary for rapid changes in the cAMP levels in cells. PDE4 family selective inhibitor, rolipram inhibits all members of the PDE4 family. In rodents inhibition of PDE4 enzymes by rolipram attenuated short- and long-term memory impairment produced by the administration of scopolamine and MK801. Interaction of these enzymes with cellular scaffolding proteins plays important role in PDE4 compartmentalization and cAMP-dependent signaling.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane
- PDE4A antibody
- PDE4B antibody
- PDE4C antibody
ab 14628 detecting 3 isoforms of PDE4A subclasses (PDE4A1, PDE4A5 and PDE4Ax), two isoforms of PDE4D (PDE4D1, PDE4D3) in rat brain by Western blot.
ab 14628 detecting 3 isoforms of PDE4A subclasses (PDE4A1, PDE4A5 and PDE4Ax) and two isoforms of PDE4D (PDE4D1, PDE4D3) in rat brain by Western blot.
ICC/IF image of ab14628 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab14628, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab14628 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Sharma M et al. East Indian Sandalwood Oil Is a Phosphodiesterase Inhibitor: A New Therapeutic Option in the Treatment of Inflammatory Skin Disease. Front Pharmacol 9:200 (2018). PubMed: 29593534
- Li Q et al. Phosphodiesterase-4 inhibition confers a neuroprotective efficacy against early brain injury following experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats by attenuating neuronal apoptosis through the SIRT1/Akt pathway. Biomed Pharmacother 99:947-955 (2018). IHC-Fr ; Rat . PubMed: 29710495
- Li W et al. Reduced Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate Level in Hippocampal CA1 Participates in Propofol Induced Amnesia in Rats. Front Neurosci 12:337 (2018). PubMed: 29875624
- Briassoulis G et al. Studies of mice with cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) defects reveal the critical role of PKA's catalytic subunits in anxiety. Behav Brain Res 307:1-10 (2016). PubMed: 26992826
- Taniguchi T et al. Resveratrol directly targets DDX5 resulting in suppression of the mTORC1 pathway in prostate cancer. Cell Death Dis 7:e2211 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27148684