Product nameAnti-PDE4B antibody
See all PDE4B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDE4B
SpecificityThis antibody detects all PDE4B proteins, including PDE4B1, PDE4B2, PDE4B3 and a 66 kDa PDE4B variant. It does not cross-react with PDE4A, PDE4C or PDE4D.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IP, ICC, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (N terminal).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: PBS, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14611 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1500. Predicted molecular weight: 107 kDa. Detects bands of 107 kDa (PDE4B1), 78 kDa (PDE4B2), 100 kDa (PDE4B3) and 66 kDa (PDE4B4).|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 19924104|
FunctionHydrolyzes the second messenger cAMP, which is a key regulator of many important physiological processes. May be involved in mediating central nervous system effects of therapeutic agents ranging from antidepressants to antiasthmatic and anti-inflammatory agents.
Tissue specificityExpressed in brain, heart, lung and skeletal muscle.
PathwayPurine metabolism; 3',5'-cyclic AMP degradation; AMP from 3',5'-cyclic AMP: step 1/1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase family. PDE4 subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- 5''-cyclic phosphodiesterase 4B antibody
- cAMP-specific 3'' antibody
- cAMP-specific 3',5'-cyclic phosphodiesterase 4B antibody
All lanes : Anti-PDE4B antibody (ab14611) at 1/5000 dilution
All lanes : Rat mesangial cells - whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit at 1/1000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 107 kDa
Observed band size: 106 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Western blot of 3 collected lysates from untreated rat mesangial cells using ab14611.
This product has been referenced in:
- Myers SA et al. Following spinal cord injury, PDE4B drives an acute, local inflammatory response and a chronic, systemic response exacerbated by gut dysbiosis and endotoxemia. Neurobiol Dis 124:353-363 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 30557659) »
- Cheng H et al. siRNA-mediated silencing of phosphodiesterase 4B expression affects the production of cytokines in endotoxin-stimulated primary cultured microglia. Exp Ther Med 12:2257-2264 (2016). WB . Read more (PubMed: 27698721) »