Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PDE5A/PDE5
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PDE5A/PDE5 antibody
See all PDE5A/PDE5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDE5A/PDE5
This antibody detects 99 and 89 kDa PDE5A/PDE5 proteins in various tissues.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human PDE5A/PDE5. Synthetic peptide common to all PDE5A variants, taken within amino acid region 120-170 of human PDE5A protein.
(Peptide available as
General notesStorage of very dilute antibody solutions is not recommended.
This product was previously labelled as PDE5A
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified on antigen sepharose affinity column.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14672 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/10. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionPlays a role in signal transduction by regulating the intracellular concentration of cyclic nucleotides. This phosphodiesterase catalyzes the specific hydrolysis of cGMP to 5'-GMP.
Tissue specificityExpressed in aortic smooth muscle cells, heart, placenta, skeletal muscle and pancreas and, to a much lesser extent, in brain, liver and lung.
PathwayPurine metabolism; 3',5'-cyclic GMP degradation; GMP from 3',5'-cyclic GMP: step 1/1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase family.
Contains 2 GAF domains.
DomainComposed of a C-terminal catalytic domain containing two putative divalent metal sites and an N-terminal regulatory domain which contains two homologous allosteric cGMP-binding regions, A and B.
modificationsPhosphorylation is regulated by binding of cGMP to the two allosteric sites.
- Information by UniProt
- 5''-cyclic phosphodiesterase antibody
- CGB PDE antibody
- CGB-PDE antibody
ab14672 (4µg/ml) staining PDE5A/PDE5 in human oesophagus using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is staining of the cytoplasm and nuclei in stratified squamous epithelium cells.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ICC/IF image of ab14672 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab14672, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab14672 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Reheman A et al. Optimization of Extraction Technology of Majun Mupakhi Ela and its Effect on Hydrocortisone-induced Kidney Yang Deficiency in Mice. Sci Rep 9:4628 (2019). PubMed: 30874604
- Jin S et al. Activation of cGMP/PKG/p65 signaling associated with PDE5-Is downregulates CCL5 secretion by CD8 + T cells in benign prostatic hyperplasia. Prostate 79:909-919 (2019). PubMed: 30958912
- Jia T et al. Cinaciguat in combination with insulin induces a favorable effect on implant osseointegration in type 2 diabetic rats. Biomed Pharmacother 118:109216 (2019). PubMed: 31319371
- McLean BA et al. PI3Ka Pathway Inhibition With Doxorubicin Treatment Results in Distinct Biventricular Atrophy and Remodeling With Right Ventricular Dysfunction. J Am Heart Assoc 8:e010961 (2019). PubMed: 31039672
- Zhang Q et al. PPAR? Antagonizes Hypoxia-Induced Activation of Hepatic Stellate Cell through Cross Mediating PI3K/AKT and cGMP/PKG Signaling. PPAR Res 2018:6970407 (2018). PubMed: 29686697
- Yan L et al. Icariside II Effectively Reduces Spatial Learning and Memory Impairments in Alzheimer's Disease Model Mice Targeting Beta-Amyloid Production. Front Pharmacol 8:106 (2017). PubMed: 28337142
- Wen JJ et al. Chemotherapeutic efficacy of phosphodiesterase inhibitors in chagasic cardiomyopathy. JACC Basic Transl Sci 1:235-250 (2016). PubMed: 27747306
- van Heerebeek L et al. Low myocardial protein kinase g activity in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. Circulation 126:830-9 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22806632
- Sogawa C et al. Gastrointestinal tract disorder in natriuretic peptide receptor B gene mutant mice. Am J Pathol 177:822-8 (2010). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 20616347
- Foresta C et al. Expression of the PDE5 enzyme on human retinal tissue: new aspects of PDE5 inhibitors ocular side effects. Eye (Lond) 22:144-9 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 17585311