Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PDE6 alpha
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Sheep, Cow
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PDE6 alpha antibody
See all PDE6 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDE6 alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Sheep, Cow
Predicted to work with: Dog, Human
- sheep retinal extracts, mouse retinal extract (Kerov et al)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5659 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa. representing PDE6 alpha from sheep retinal extract. A higher molecular weight band is sometimes observed using sheep retinal extracts. See Guo et al, Kerov et al for details of WB procedure.|
FunctionThis protein participates in processes of transmission and amplification of the visual signal.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PDE6A are the cause of retinitis pigmentosa type 43 (RP43) [MIM:613810]. RP43 is a retinal dystrophy belonging to the group of pigmentary retinopathies. Retinitis pigmentosa is characterized by retinal pigment deposits visible on fundus examination and primary loss of rod photoreceptor cells followed by secondary loss of cone photoreceptors. Patients typically have night vision blindness and loss of midperipheral visual field. As their condition progresses, they lose their far peripheral visual field and eventually central vision as well.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase family.
Contains 2 GAF domains.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 5''-cyclic phosphodiesterase subunit alpha antibody
- CGPR A antibody
- GMP PDE alpha antibody
Western blot of PDE6 alpha on sheep retinal extracts using ab5659.
IHC image of ab5659 staining in human renal carcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab5659, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab5659 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Wong BH et al. Mfsd2a Is a Transporter for the Essential ?-3 Fatty Acid Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) in Eye and Is Important for Photoreceptor Cell Development. J Biol Chem 291:10501-14 (2016). PubMed: 27008858
- Sarfare S et al. Overexpression of rod photoreceptor glutamic acid rich protein 2 (GARP2) increases gain and slows recovery in mouse retina. Cell Commun Signal 12:67 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 25323447
- Zhong X et al. Generation of three-dimensional retinal tissue with functional photoreceptors from human iPSCs. Nat Commun 5:4047 (2014). PubMed: 24915161
- Wert KJ et al. Gene therapy provides long-term visual function in a pre-clinical model of retinitis pigmentosa. Hum Mol Genet 22:558-67 (2013). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23108158
- Wert KJ et al. Mid-stage intervention achieves similar efficacy as conventional early-stage treatment using gene therapy in a pre-clinical model of retinitis pigmentosa. Hum Mol Genet N/A:N/A (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24101599