Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6834] to PDGF B
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-PDGF B antibody [EPR6834]
See all PDGF B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6834] to PDGF B
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep
Synthetic peptide within Human PDGF B aa 200 to the C-terminus (Cysteine residue). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P01127
- WB: Fetal brain tissue lysate, Human, Mouse and Rat brain tissue lysates, Mouse and Rat heart tissue lysates; A375 and HeLa cell lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab178409 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 27 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 27 kDa).|
- Information by UniProt
- Becaplermin antibody
- c sis antibody
- FLJ12858 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PDGF B antibody [EPR6834] (ab178409) at 1/1000 dilution (Purified)
Lane 1 : Mouse heart lysates
Lane 2 : Rat heart lysates
Lane 3 : Human brain lysates
Lane 4 : Mouse brain lysates
Lane 5 : Rat brain lysates
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 27 kDa
Observed band size: 27 kDa
Blocking/Diluting Buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST
All lanes : Anti-PDGF B antibody [EPR6834] (ab178409) at 1/1000 dilution (unpurified)
Lane 1 : Fetal brain lysate
Lane 2 : A375 lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 27 kDa
ab178409 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Mao Y et al. Fibroblast growth factor-2/platelet-derived growth factor enhances atherosclerotic plaque stability. J Cell Mol Med 24:1128-1140 (2020). PubMed: 31755222
- Tang W et al. MicroRNA-29b-3p inhibits cell proliferation and angiogenesis by targeting VEGFA and PDGFB in retinal microvascular endothelial cells. Mol Vis 26:64-75 (2020). PubMed: 32165827
- Zhu RR et al. Inhibition of the Notch1 pathway induces peripartum cardiomyopathy. J Cell Mol Med 24:7907-7914 (2020). PubMed: 32529705
- Barkai O et al. Platelet-derived growth factor activates nociceptive neurons by inhibiting M-current and contributes to inflammatory pain. Pain 160:1281-1296 (2019). PubMed: 30933959
- Xu Y et al. Down-regulation of SOX18 inhibits laryngeal carcinoma cell proliferation, migration, and invasion through JAK2/STAT3 signaling. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31189744
- Ding H et al. Silencing of Xeroderma Pigmentosum Group D Gene Promotes Hepatoma Cell Growth by Reducing P53 Expression. Med Sci Monit 24:8015-8021 (2018). PubMed: 30409962
- Liu F et al. Quantitative proteomic analysis of gastric cancer tissue reveals novel proteins in platelet-derived growth factor b signaling pathway. Oncotarget 8:22059-22075 (2017). PubMed: 28423550
- Wang H et al. Growth of MCF-7 breast cancer cells and efficacy of anti-angiogenic agents in a hydroxyethyl chitosan/glycidyl methacrylate hydrogel. Cancer Cell Int 17:55 (2017). PubMed: 28515673
- Lee JC et al. Effects of ischemic preconditioning on PDGF-BB expression in the gerbil hippocampal CA1 region following transient cerebral ischemia. Mol Med Rep 16:1627-1634 (2017). PubMed: 28627606