Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [RM0004-3G28] to PDGFR alpha
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-PDGFR alpha antibody [RM0004-3G28]
See all PDGFR alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [RM0004-3G28] to PDGFR alpha
SpecificityDoes not bind to PDGF receptor beta
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Mouse PDGFR alpha (extracellular).
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51875 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/400 - 1/800. Predicted molecular weight: 180 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionReceptor that binds both PDGFA and PDGFB and has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in primary and metastatic colon tumors and in normal colon tissue. Tumors may express a different isoform to that found in normal tissue.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving PDGFRA is found in some cases of hypereosinophilic syndrome. Interstitial chromosomal deletion del(4)(q12q12) causes the fusion of FIP1L1 and PDGFRA (FIP1L1-PDGFRA).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha-type platelet-derived growth factor receptor antibody
- CD140 antigen-like family member A antibody
- CD140a antibody
ab51875 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Su F et al. Progression of prostate carcinoma is promoted by adipose stromal cell-secreted CXCL12 signaling in prostate epithelium. NPJ Precis Oncol 5:26 (2021). PubMed: 33753872
- Gao Z et al. PDGFRa/PDGFRß signaling balance modulates progenitor cell differentiation into white and beige adipocytes. Development 145:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29158445
- Daquinag AC et al. Targeted Proapoptotic Peptides Depleting Adipose Stromal Cells Inhibit Tumor Growth. Mol Ther 24:34-40 (2016). PubMed: 26316391
- Daquinag AC et al. Depletion of white adipocyte progenitors induces beige adipocyte differentiation and suppresses obesity development. Cell Death Differ 22:351-63 (2015). PubMed: 25342467