Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PDGFR alpha (phospho Y742)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PDGFR alpha (phospho Y742) antibody
See all PDGFR alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDGFR alpha (phospho Y742)
SpecificityPDGFR beta (50% homologous) has not been tested, but is not expected to react.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human PDGFR alpha.
- NIH3T3 cells +/- PDGF.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
BSA is IgG and protease free
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated PDGFR alpha. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a PDGFR alpha derived peptide phosphorylated at Tyrosine 742.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5452 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.35 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 170-185 kDa.|
FunctionReceptor that binds both PDGFA and PDGFB and has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in primary and metastatic colon tumors and in normal colon tissue. Tumors may express a different isoform to that found in normal tissue.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving PDGFRA is found in some cases of hypereosinophilic syndrome. Interstitial chromosomal deletion del(4)(q12q12) causes the fusion of FIP1L1 and PDGFRA (FIP1L1-PDGFRA).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha-type platelet-derived growth factor receptor antibody
- CD140 antigen-like family member A antibody
- CD140a antibody
Peptide Competition: Extracts prepared from NIH3T3 cells left unstimulated (1) and stimulated with PDGF (2-5) were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 10% polyacrylamide gel and transferred to PVDF. Membranes were blocked with a 5% BSA-TBST buffer overnight at 4°C, then were incubated with 0.50
µg/mL ab5452 antibody for two hours at room temperature in a 1% BSA-TBST buffer, following prior incubation with: no peptide (1, 2), the nonphosphopeptide corresponding to the immunogen (3), a generic phosphotyrosine containing peptide (4), or, the phosphopeptide immunogen (5). After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab’)2 anti-rabbit IgG alkaline phosphatase and bands were detected using the Tropix WesternStar method. The data show that only the peptide corresponding to ab5452 blocks the antibody signal, thereby demonstrating the specificity of the antibody. Peptide Competition: Extracts prepared from NIH3T3 cells left unstimulated (1) and stimulated with PDGF (2-5)
ab5452 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Røsland GV et al. Epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) is associated with attenuation of succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) in breast cancer through reduced expression of SDHC. Cancer Metab 7:6 (2019). PubMed: 31164982
- Ip CKM et al. Neomorphic PDGFRA extracellular domain driver mutations are resistant to PDGFRA targeted therapies. Nat Commun 9:4583 (2018). PubMed: 30389923
- Paugh BS et al. Novel oncogenic PDGFRA mutations in pediatric high-grade gliomas. Cancer Res 73:6219-29 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23970477
- Rao RC et al. Efficient Serum-Free Derivation of Oligodendrocyte Precursors from Neural Stem Cell-Enriched Cultures. Stem Cells : (2008). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 18403757