Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR1948Y] to PDK2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-PDK2 antibody [EPR1948Y]
See all PDK2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR1948Y] to PDK2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Pig
Synthetic peptide within Human PDK2 aa 350-450 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Human heart tissue lysate, mouse heart tissue lysate, rat tissue lysate and human muscle tissue sections.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68164 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 46 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionInhibits the mitochondrial pyruvate dehydrogenase complex by phosphorylation of the E1 alpha subunit, thus contributing to the regulation of glucose metabolism.
Tissue specificityExpressed in many tissues, with the highest level in heart and skeletal muscle, intermediate levels in brain, kidney, pancreas and liver, and low levels in placenta and lung.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDK/BCKDK protein kinase family.
Contains 1 histidine kinase domain.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- [Pyruvate dehydrogenase [lipoamide]] kinase isozyme 2 antibody
- mitochondrial antibody
- PDHK2 antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (40 µg)
Lane 2: PDK2 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (40 µg)
Lane 3: SH-SY5Y cell lysate (40 ug)
Lanes 1 - 3: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab68164 observed at 45 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
ab68164 was shown to specifically react with PDK2 in wild-type HAP1 cells. No band was observed when PDK2 knockout samples were examined. Wild-type and PDK2 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab68164 and ab8245 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted at 1/500 and 1/10,000 dilution respectively and incubated overnight at 4oC. Blots were developed with IRDye® 800CW Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H + L) ab216773 and IRDye® 680 Goat anti-Mouse IgG (H + L) ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/10,000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
All lanes : Anti-PDK2 antibody [EPR1948Y] (ab68164) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : human heart tissue lysate
Lane 2 : mouse heart tissue lysate
Lane 3 : rat heart tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
Observed band size: 46 kDa
ab68164 at 1/100-1/250 dilution staining PDK2 in human muscle tissue sections.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab68164 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Kuter K et al. Astrocyte support is important for the compensatory potential of the nigrostriatal system neurons during early neurodegeneration. J Neurochem 148:63-79 (2019). PubMed: 30295916
- Kho AR et al. The Effects of Sodium Dichloroacetate on Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Neuronal Death Following Hypoglycemia-Induced Injury. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31052436
- He Z et al. MiR-422a regulates cellular metabolism and malignancy by targeting pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 2 in gastric cancer. Cell Death Dis 9:505 (2018). PubMed: 29725130
- Huang S et al. WAVE3 promotes proliferation, migration and invasion via the AKT pathway in pancreatic cancer. Int J Oncol 53:672-684 (2018). PubMed: 29845225
- Michelakis ED et al. Inhibition of pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase improves pulmonary arterial hypertension in genetically susceptible patients. Sci Transl Med 9:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29070699