Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PDK4
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PDK4 antibody
See all PDK4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDK4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human PDK4 aa 83-111 (internal sequence) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
- HL60 cell line lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
Purification notesThis antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71240 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/50 - 1/100. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/10 - 1/50.|
FunctionInhibits the mitochondrial pyruvate dehydrogenase complex by phosphorylation of the E1 alpha subunit, thus contributing to the regulation of glucose metabolism.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous; highest levels of expression in heart and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDK/BCKDK protein kinase family.
Contains 1 histidine kinase domain.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- [Pyruvate dehydrogenase [lipoamide]] kinase isozyme 4 antibody
- FLJ40832 antibody
- mitochondrial antibody
Anti-PDK4 antibody (ab71240) at 1/60 dilution + HL60 cell line lysates at 35 µg
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab71240 at 1/50 dilution staining PDK4 in human skeletal muscle tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded sections). A peroxidase conjugated secondary antibody was used followed by DAB staining.
ab71240 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Ryan ZC et al. 1a,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3mitigates cancer cell mediated mitochondrial dysfunction in human skeletal muscle cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 496:746-752 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29366785
- Fukushima A et al. Acetylation contributes to hypertrophy-caused maturational delay of cardiac energy metabolism. JCI Insight 3:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29769443
- Pan DS et al. Chiglitazar Preferentially Regulates Gene Expression via Configuration-Restricted Binding and Phosphorylation Inhibition of PPAR?. PPAR Res 2017:4313561 (2017). PubMed: 29056962
- Vavrova E et al. Muscle expression of a malonyl-CoA-insensitive carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1 protects mice against high-fat/high-sucrose diet-induced insulin resistance. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 311:E649-60 (2016). PubMed: 27507552
- Ryan ZC et al. 1a,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 Regulates Mitochondrial Oxygen Consumption and Dynamics in Human Skeletal Muscle Cells. J Biol Chem 291:1514-28 (2016). PubMed: 26601949