Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PDK4
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PDK4 antibody
See all PDK4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PDK4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide derived from the C terminal region of Human PDK4
- WB: Human skeletal muscle lysate. IHC: human skeletal muscle tissue.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
FormLyophilized:Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% BSA, PBS
When lyophilized, reconstitute in required volume of sterile H2O (recommended default concentration: 0.5 mg/ml). For extended storage, we suggest the addition of an equal volume of glycerol to make a final glycerol concentration of 50%.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab89295 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/200 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/250.|
FunctionInhibits the mitochondrial pyruvate dehydrogenase complex by phosphorylation of the E1 alpha subunit, thus contributing to the regulation of glucose metabolism.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous; highest levels of expression in heart and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDK/BCKDK protein kinase family.
Contains 1 histidine kinase domain.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- [Pyruvate dehydrogenase [lipoamide]] kinase isozyme 4 antibody
- FLJ40832 antibody
- mitochondrial antibody
Anti-PDK4 antibody (ab89295) at 1/500 dilution + Human fetal skeletal muscle lysate
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
Anti-PDK4 antibody (ab89295) at 1/500 dilution + Human A549 (lung carcinoma) cell line.
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
Ab89295 staining PDK4 antibody in human gastrointestinal tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Left panel: ab89295 at 1/100 dilution showing cytoplasmic staining of PDK4 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human fetal skeletal tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Right panel: same, after blocking with the immunizing peptide.
ab89295 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Han X et al. Advanced glycation end products enhance macrophage polarization to the M1 phenotype via the HIF-1a/PDK4 pathway. Mol Cell Endocrinol 514:110878 (2020). PubMed: 32464167
- Zhang Q et al. Danqi Pill Protects Against Heart Failure Post-Acute Myocardial Infarction via HIF-1a/PGC-1a Mediated Glucose Metabolism Pathway. Front Pharmacol 11:458 (2020). PubMed: 32372956
- Yang R et al. HIF-1a/PDK4/autophagy pathway protects against advanced glycation end-products induced vascular smooth muscle cell calcification. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 517:470-476 (2019). PubMed: 31376939
- Strowitzki MJ et al. High hepatic expression of PDK4 improves survival upon multimodal treatment of colorectal liver metastases. Br J Cancer 120:675-688 (2019). PubMed: 30808993
- Zhu Y et al. Advanced glycation end products accelerate calcification in VSMCs through HIF-1a/PDK4 activation and suppress glucose metabolism. Sci Rep 8:13730 (2018). PubMed: 30213959