Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- PE Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5368] to alpha smooth muscle Actin
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Rat
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Product namePE Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368]
See all alpha smooth muscle Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionPE Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5368] to alpha smooth muscle Actin
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human alpha smooth muscle Actin aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P62736
- Flow Cyt: SV40LT-SMC cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at +4°C. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] (ab124964)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] (ab202295)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] (ab202296)
- Alexa Fluor® 555 Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] (ab202509)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] (ab202510)
- Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] - BSA and Azide free (ab220795)
- APC Anti-alpha smooth muscle Actin antibody [EPR5368] (ab225143)
- U937 cytoplasmic extract lysate (ab14904)
- A431 whole cell lysate (ab30132)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab30151)
- Mouse heart normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab30291)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (0 days) (ab7188)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (14 days) (ab7189)
- Mouse brain tissue lysate - total protein (7 days) (ab7190)
- Mouse heart tissue lysate - total protein (0 days) (ab7193)
- Mouse heart tissue lysate - total protein (14 days) (ab7194)
- Mouse heart tissue lysate - total protein (7 days) (ab7196)
- HEK293 whole cell lysate (ab7902)
- A431 whole cell lysate (ab7909)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab208844 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
The cellular localisation of this product has been verified in ICC/IF.
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA2 are the cause of aortic aneurysm familial thoracic type 6 (AAT6) [MIM:611788]. AATs are characterized by permanent dilation of the thoracic aorta usually due to degenerative changes in the aortic wall. They are primarily associated with a characteristic histologic appearance known as 'medial necrosis' or 'Erdheim cystic medial necrosis' in which there is degeneration and fragmentation of elastic fibers, loss of smooth muscle cells, and an accumulation of basophilic ground substance.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- a actin antibody
- AAT6 antibody
- ACTA_HUMAN antibody
Overlay histogram showing SV40LT-SMC cells stained with ab208844 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100 for 15 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab208844, 1/5000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C.
Isotype control antibody (black line) was Rabbit IgG (monoclonal) Phycoerythrin (ab209478) used at the same concentration and conditions as the primary antibody. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control.
Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 50 mW Yellow/Green laser (561nm) and 586/15 bandpass filter.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab208844 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.