Key features and details
- PE Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3924] to Calreticulin - ER Marker
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Product namePE Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - ER Marker
See all Calreticulin primary antibodies
DescriptionPE Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3924] to Calreticulin - ER Marker
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Monkey
Synthetic peptide within Human Calreticulin aa 50-150. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P27797
- Flow Cyt: HeLa cells ICC/IF: HeLa cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- HRP Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - ER Marker (ab195511)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - ER Marker (ab196158)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - ER Marker (ab196159)
- Alexa Fluor® 405 Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - ER Marker (ab210431)
- Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - Low endotoxin, Azide free (ab211962)
- Alexa Fluor® 555 Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] (ab275117)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - ER Marker (ab275343)
- Anti-Calreticulin antibody [EPR3924] - ER Marker (ab92516)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab209577 in the following tested applications.
This product gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 100% methanol (5 min)
FunctionMolecular calcium-binding chaperone promoting folding, oligomeric assembly and quality control in the ER via the calreticulin/calnexin cycle. This lectin interacts transiently with almost all of the monoglucosylated glycoproteins that are synthesized in the ER. Interacts with the DNA-binding domain of NR3C1 and mediates its nuclear export.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calreticulin family.
DomainCan be divided into a N-terminal globular domain, a proline-rich P-domain forming an elongated arm-like structure and a C-terminal acidic domain. The P-domain binds one molecule of calcium with high affinity, whereas the acidic C-domain binds multiple calcium ions with low affinity.
The interaction with glycans occurs through a binding site in the globular lectin domain.
The zinc binding sites are localized to the N-domain.
Associates with PDIA3 through the tip of the extended arm formed by the P-domain.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Cytoplasm > cytosol. Secreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix. Cell surface. Also found in cell surface (T cells), cytosol and extracellular matrix. Associated with the lytic granules in the cytolytic T-lymphocytes.
- Information by UniProt
- Autoantigen RO antibody
- CALR antibody
- CALR protein antibody
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab209577 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 90% methanol (-20°C) for 30 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab209577, 1/5000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C.
Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) Phycoerythrin (ab209478) used at the same concentration and conditions as the primary antibody. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control.
Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20 mW Solid State Blue Laser (488nm) and 585/40 bandpass filter.
ab209577 staining Calreticulin in HeLa cells. The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab209577 at 1/1000 dilution (pseudocolored in green) and ab195884, Rat monoclonal to Tubulin (Alexa Fluor® 647), at 1/250 dilution (shown in red). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
ab209577 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Yang PM et al. Sequential Interferon ß-Cisplatin Treatment Enhances the Surface Exposure of Calreticulin in Cancer Cells via an Interferon Regulatory Factor 1-Dependent Manner. Biomolecules 10:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32326356
- Yu W et al. Autophagy inhibitor enhance ZnPc/BSA nanoparticle induced photodynamic therapy by suppressing PD-L1 expression in osteosarcoma immunotherapy. Biomaterials 192:128-139 (2019). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 30448697