Key features and details
- PE Mouse monoclonal [SN3] to CD24
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product namePE Anti-CD24 antibody [SN3]
See all CD24 primary antibodies
DescriptionPE Mouse monoclonal [SN3] to CD24
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Glycoproteins purified from human NALM-1 cell line.
- Human blood cells.
Purified antibody is conjugated with R-Phycoerythrin (PE) under optimum conditions. The conjugate is purified by size-exclusion chromatography and adjusted for direct use.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.2% BSA
0.2% (w/v) high-grade protease free BSA
Concentration information loading...
- Anti-CD24 antibody [SN3] (ab134375)
- APC/Cy7® Anti-CD24 antibody [SN3], prediluted (ab197137)
- APC Anti-CD24 antibody [SN3] (ab239286)
- PerCP/Cy5.5® Anti-CD24 antibody [SN3] (ab239339)
- Alexa Fluor® 700 Anti-CD24 antibody [SN3] (ab269310)
- FITC Anti-CD24 antibody [SN3] (ab30350)
- PE Anti-CD24 antibody [SN3], prediluted (ab30351)
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionModulates B-cell activation responses. Signaling could be triggered by the binding of a lectin-like ligand to the CD24 carbohydrates, and transduced by the release of second messengers derived from the GPI-anchor. Promotes AG-dependent proliferation of B-cells, and prevents their terminal differentiation into antibody-forming cells.
Tissue specificityB-cells. Expressed in a number of B-cell lines including P32/SH and Namalwa. Expressed in erythroleukemia cell and small cell lung carcinoma cell lines. Also expressed on the surface of T-cells.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in CD24 are associated with susceptibility to multiple sclerosis (MS) [MIM:126200]. A multifactorial, inflammatory, demyelinating disease of the central nervous system. Sclerotic lesions are characterized by perivascular infiltration of monocytes and lymphocytes and appear as indurated areas in pathologic specimens (sclerosis in plaques). The pathological mechanism is regarded as an autoimmune attack of the myelin sheat, mediated by both cellular and humoral immunity. Clinical manifestations include visual loss, extra-ocular movement disorders, paresthesias, loss of sensation, weakness, dysarthria, spasticity, ataxia and bladder dysfunction. Genetic and environmental factors influence susceptibility to the disease. Note=Polymorphisms in CD24 may act as a genetic modifier for susceptibility and progression of MS in some populations, perhaps by affecting the efficiency of CD24 expression on the cell surface.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CD24 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 24 antibody
- CD24 antibody
- CD24 antigen (small cell lung carcinoma cluster 4 antigen) antibody
ab77219 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Quayle LA et al. Chemotherapy resistance and stemness in mitotically quiescent human breast cancer cells identified by fluorescent dye retention. Clin Exp Metastasis 35:831-846 (2018). PubMed: 30377878
- Peckys DB et al. Liquid-phase electron microscopy of molecular drug response in breast cancer cells reveals irresponsive cell subpopulations related to lack of HER2 homodimers. Mol Biol Cell N/A:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28794264
- Sagara A et al. Intrinsic Resistance to 5-Fluorouracil in a Brain Metastatic Variant of Human Breast Cancer Cell Line, MDA-MB-231BR. PLoS One 11:e0164250 (2016). PubMed: 27723829
- Moschidou D et al. Human mid-trimester amniotic fluid stem cells cultured under embryonic stem cell conditions with Valproic acid acquire pluripotent characteristics. Stem Cells Dev : (2012). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 23050522
- Maliar A et al. Redirected T cells that target pancreatic adenocarcinoma antigens eliminate tumors and metastases in mice. Gastroenterology 143:1375-1384.e5 (2012). PubMed: 22819865
- Solvason N & Kearney JF The human fetal omentum: a site of B cell generation. J Exp Med 175:397-404 (1992). PubMed: 1370683
- Fischer GF et al. Signal transduction in lymphocytic and myeloid cells via CD24, a new member of phosphoinositol-anchored membrane molecules. J Immunol 144:638-41 (1990). PubMed: 2153173
- Barcos M et al. Follicular mantle zone cell subpopulations detected by monoclonal antibody SN3. Hematol Oncol 4:251-9 (1986). PubMed: 3493967
- Fukukawa T et al. New monoclonal antibodies SN3, SN3a, and SN3b directed to sialic acid of glycoprotein on human non-T leukemia cells. Exp Hematol 14:850-5 (1986). PubMed: 3489635