Key features and details
- PE Mouse monoclonal [OX-50] to CD44
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Rat
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product namePE Anti-CD44 antibody [OX-50]
See all CD44 primary antibodies
DescriptionPE Mouse monoclonal [OX-50] to CD44
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Tissue/ cell preparation (Rat T cell blasts).
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23396 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 10µl for 106 cells.
ab91357 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionReceptor for hyaluronic acid (HA). Mediates cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions through its affinity for HA, and possibly also through its affinity for other ligands such as osteopontin, collagens, and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs). Adhesion with HA plays an important role in cell migration, tumor growth and progression. Also involved in lymphocyte activation, recirculation and homing, and in hematopoiesis. Altered expression or dysfunction causes numerous pathogenic phenotypes. Great protein heterogeneity due to numerous alternative splicing and post-translational modification events.
Tissue specificityIsoform 10 (epithelial isoform) is expressed by cells of epithelium and highly expressed by carcinomas. Expression is repressed in neuroblastoma cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Link domain.
DomainThe lectin-like LINK domain is responsible for hyaluronan binding.
modificationsProteolytically cleaved in the extracellular matrix by specific proteinases (possibly MMPs) in several cell lines and tumors.
O-glycosylated; contains more-or-less-sulfated chondroitin sulfate glycans, whose number may affect the accessibility of specific proteinases to their cleavage site(s).
Phosphorylated; activation of PKC results in the dephosphorylation of Ser-706 (constitutive phosphorylation site), and the phosphorylation of Ser-672.
- Information by UniProt
- LHR antibody
- BA-1 antibody
- CD 44 antibody
ab23396 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Li G et al. Long non-coding RNA-H19 stimulates osteogenic differentiation of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells via the microRNA-149/SDF-1 axis. J Cell Mol Med 24:4944-4955 (2020). PubMed: 32198976
- Lin Y et al. In vitro behavior of tendon stem/progenitor cells on bioactive electrospun nanofiber membranes for tendon-bone tissue engineering applications. Int J Nanomedicine 14:5831-5848 (2019). PubMed: 31534327
- Li J et al. Carbon monoxide releasing molecule-3 promotes the osteogenic differentiation of rat bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells by releasing carbon monoxide. Int J Mol Med 41:2297-2305 (2018). PubMed: 29393384
- Orsi PR et al. A unique heterologous fibrin sealant (HFS) as a candidate biological scaffold for mesenchymal stem cells in osteoporotic rats. Stem Cell Res Ther 8:205 (2017). Flow Cyt ; Rat . PubMed: 28962655
- Huang C et al. FTY720 enhances osteogenic differentiation of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in ovariectomized rats. Mol Med Rep 14:927-35 (2016). PubMed: 27220612
- Huang S et al. Systemic Administration of Allogeneic Mesenchymal Stem Cells Does Not Halt Osteoporotic Bone Loss in Ovariectomized Rats. PLoS One 11:e0163131 (2016). Rat . PubMed: 27711227
- Liu X et al. Mechanical Tension Promotes the Osteogenic Differentiation of Rat Tendon-derived Stem Cells Through the Wnt5a/Wnt5b/JNK Signaling Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem 36:517-30 (2015). PubMed: 25966835
- Cai A et al. Atorvastatin treatment of rats with ischemia-reperfusion injury improves adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cell migration and survival via the SDF-1a/CXCR-4 axis. PLoS One 8:e79100 (2013). Flow Cyt ; Rat . PubMed: 24312447
- Rui YF et al. Altered fate of tendon-derived stem cells isolated from a failed tendon-healing animal model of tendinopathy. Stem Cells Dev 22:1076-85 (2013). Flow Cyt ; Rat . PubMed: 23106341
- Gressner OA et al. Gc-globulin (vitamin D binding protein) is synthesized and secreted by hepatocytes and internalized by hepatic stellate cells through Ca(2+)-dependent interaction with the megalin/gp330 receptor. Clin Chim Acta 390:28-37 (2008). PubMed: 18194670