Key features and details
- PE Rat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product namePE Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7]
See all CD8 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionPE Rat monoclonal [53-6.7] to CD8 alpha
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Mouse CD8 alpha. Mouse Thymus/ Spleen.
This antibody blocks allogeneic help specific for class I MHC antigens and T cell responses to IL-2.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store undiluted.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.14% Monobasic dihydrogen sodium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Gelatin
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesThis antibody blocks allogeneic help specific for class I MHC antigens and T cell responses to IL-2.
Light chain typekappa
- Biotin Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25176)
- PE/Texas Red® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25294)
- Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25478)
- APC Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25499)
- FITC Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab25676)
- PE Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab272343)
- Cy5 ® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab39850)
- PE/Cy7® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab39853)
- APC/Cy5.5® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab82005)
- PE/Cy5® Anti-CD8 alpha antibody [53-6.7] (ab95588)
FunctionIdentifies cytotoxic/suppressor T-cells that interact with MHC class I bearing targets. CD8 is thought to play a role in the process of T-cell mediated killing. CD8 alpha chains binds to class I MHC molecules alpha-3 domains.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CD8A are a cause of familial CD8 deficiency (CD8 deficiency) [MIM:608957]. Familial CD8 deficiency is a novel autosomal recessive immunologic defect characterized by absence of CD8+ cells, leading to recurrent bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
modificationsAll of the five most carboxyl-terminal cysteines form inter-chain disulfide bonds in dimers and higher multimers, while the four N-terminal cysteines do not.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha polypeptide (p32) antibody
- CD_antigen=CD8a antibody
- CD8 antibody
ab25498 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Trautmann T et al. CD4+ T-cell help is required for effective CD8+ T cell-mediated resolution of acute viral hepatitis in mice. PLoS One 9:e86348 (2014). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 24466045