Key features and details
- PE Rat monoclonal [ICR10] to EGFR
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product namePE Anti-EGFR antibody [ICR10]
See all EGFR primary antibodies
DescriptionPE Rat monoclonal [ICR10] to EGFR
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Extracellular domain of human EGF receptor from head and neck carcinoma
Epitopeab27764 binds to epitope B from EGFR and has an affinity of 6.7 x 10-9 M.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27764 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 10µl for 106 cells.
ab134674 - Rat monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin.
Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
Involvement in diseaseLung cancer
Inflammatory skin and bowel disease, neonatal, 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-695 is partial and occurs only if Thr-693 is phosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-678 and Thr-693 by PRKD1 inhibits EGF-induced MAPK8/JNK1 activation. Dephosphorylation by PTPRJ prevents endocytosis and stabilizes the receptor at the plasma membrane. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1197 is stimulated by methylation at Arg-1199 and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1092 and/or Tyr-1110 recruits STAT3. Dephosphorylated by PTPN1 and PTPN2.
Monoubiquitinated and polyubiquitinated upon EGF stimulation; which does not affect tyrosine kinase activity or signaling capacity but may play a role in lysosomal targeting. Polyubiquitin linkage is mainly through 'Lys-63', but linkage through 'Lys-48', 'Lys-11' and 'Lys-29' also occurs. Deubiquitination by OTUD7B prevents degradation. Ubiquitinated by RNF115 and RNF126.
Methylated. Methylation at Arg-1199 by PRMT5 stimulates phosphorylation at Tyr-1197.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Nucleus membrane. Endosome. Endosome membrane. Nucleus. In response to EGF, translocated from the cell membrane to the nucleus via Golgi and ER. Endocytosed upon activation by ligand. Colocalized with GPER1 in the nucleus of estrogen agonist-induced cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAF).
- Information by UniProt
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 40 antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 61 antibody
ab27764 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Sanford T et al. Integrative analysis of the epigenetic basis of muscle-invasive urothelial carcinoma. Clin Epigenetics 10:19 (2018). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 29456764
- Tamura S et al. Molecular Correlates ofIn VitroResponses to Dacomitinib and Afatinib in Bladder Cancer. Bladder Cancer 4:77-90 (2018). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 29430509
- Guerrero PA et al. Oncogenic role of Merlin/NF2 in glioblastoma. Oncogene N/A:N/A (2014). PubMed: 25043298
- Wang X et al. A transgene-encoded cell surface polypeptide for selection, in vivo tracking, and ablation of engineered cells. Blood 118:1255-63 (2011). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 21653320
- Le Roy H et al. Asymmetric distribution of epidermal growth factor receptor directs the fate of normal and cancer keratinocytes in vitro. Stem Cells Dev 19:209-20 (2010). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 19799519
- Kim SM et al. Acquired resistance to cetuximab is mediated by increased PTEN instability and leads cross-resistance to gefitinib in HCC827 NSCLC cells. Cancer Lett 296:150-9 (2010). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 20444542
- Modjtahedi H et al. Antitumor activity of combinations of antibodies directed against different epitopes on the extracellular domain of the human EGF receptor. Cell Biophys 22:129-46 (1993). PubMed: 7534211