Key features and details
- PE Rat monoclonal [GoH3] to Integrin alpha 6
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product namePE Anti-Integrin alpha 6 antibody [GoH3]
See all Integrin alpha 6 primary antibodies
DescriptionPE Rat monoclonal [GoH3] to Integrin alpha 6
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
Mouse mammary tumor cells
- Normal Human peripheral blood cells/leukocytes
The GoH3 antibody has been reported to have functional activity in blocking the binding of Integrin alpha 6 to laminin.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Primary antibody notesThe GoH3 antibody has been reported to have functional activity in blocking the binding of Integrin alpha 6 to laminin.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95703 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.06-0.125µg for 105-8 cells.
Staining the cell sample in a final volume of 100 µl is recommended.
ab134674 - Rat monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionIntegrin alpha-6/beta-1 is a receptor for laminin on platelets. Integrin alpha-6/beta-4 is a receptor for laminin in epithelial cells and it plays a critical structural role in the hemidesmosome (By similarity). ITGA6:ITGB4 binds to NRG1 (via EGF domain) and this binding is essential for NRG1-ERBB signaling (PubMed:20682778). ITGA6:ITGB4 binds to IGF1 and this binding is essential for IGF1 signaling (PubMed:22351760).
Tissue specificityIntegrin alpha-6/beta-4 is predominantly expressed by epithelia. Isoforms containing segment X1 are ubiquitously expressed. Isoforms containing segment X1X2 are expressed in heart, kidney, placenta, colon, duodenum, myoblasts and myotubes, and in a limited number of cell lines; they are always coexpressed with the ubiquitous isoform containing segment X1. In some tissues (e.g. Salivary gland), isoforms containing cytoplasmic segment A and isoforms containing segment B are detected while in others, only isoforms containing one cytoplasmic segment are found (segment A in epidermis and segment B in kidney).
Involvement in diseaseEpidermolysis bullosa letalis, with pyloric atresia
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
modificationsIsoforms containing segment A, but not segment B, are the major targets for PMA-induced phosphorylation. Phosphorylation occurs on 'Ser-1103' of isoform alpha-6X1X2A. Phosphorylation is not required for the induction of integrin alpha-6A/beta-1 high affinity but may reduce the affinity for ligand.
In invasive prostate cancer ITGA6 undergoes PLAU-mediated cleavage at residues Arg-634-635-Arg in a time-dependent manner enhancing cell invasion and migration in vitro.
Palmitoylation by DHHC3 enhances stability and cell surface expression.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha6p antibody
- CD49 antigen-like family member F antibody
- CD49f antibody
Flow Cytometry analysis of normal human peripheral blood cells stained with Rat IgG2a kappa Isotype Control Phycoerythrin (blue histogram) or Anti-Integrin alpha 6 antibody [GoH3] (Phycoerythrin) (ab95703) (purple histogram). Cells in the lymphocyte gate were used for analysis.
Flow cytometry staining of normal Human peripheral blood cells with 0.06 µg of Rat IgG2a Isotype Control PE (open histogram) or 0.06 µg of ab95703 (filled histogram). Cells in the lymphocyte (left) and granulocyte (right) gates were used for analysis.
ab95703 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Wang C et al. Elevated level of mitochondrial reactive oxygen species via fatty acid ß-oxidation in cancer stem cells promotes cancer metastasis by inducing epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Stem Cell Res Ther 10:175 (2019). PubMed: 31196164
- Lin X et al. Increased expression of TMED2 is an unfavorable prognostic factor in patients with breast cancer. Cancer Manag Res 11:2203-2214 (2019). PubMed: 31114314
- Krishna S et al. Dynamic expression of tRNA-derived small RNAs define cellular states. EMBO Rep 20:e47789 (2019). PubMed: 31267708
- Shabani R et al. Elimination of mouse tumor cells from neonate spermatogonial cells utilizing cisplatin-entrapped folic acid-conjugated poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) nanoparticles in vitro. Int J Nanomedicine 13:2943-2954 (2018). PubMed: 29849458
- Zhao H et al. DNA Damage-Inducible Transcript 4 Is an Innate Surveillant of Hair Follicular Stress in Vitamin D Receptor Knockout Mice and a Regulator of Wound Re-Epithelialization. Int J Mol Sci 17:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27898044
- Levendosky K et al. Griffithsin and Carrageenan Combination To Target Herpes Simplex Virus 2 and Human Papillomavirus. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 59:7290-8 (2015). PubMed: 26369967
- Ngamjariyawat A et al. Co-culture of neural crest stem cells (NCSC) and insulin producing beta-TC6 cells results in cadherin junctions and protection against cytokine-induced beta-cell death. PLoS One 8:e61828 (2013). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 23613946
- Ambrose HE & Wagner SD Alpha6-integrin is expressed on germinal centre B cells and modifies growth of a B-cell line. Immunology 111:400-6 (2004). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 15056376
- Sonnenberg A et al. Development of mouse mammary gland: identification of stages in differentiation of luminal and myoepithelial cells using monoclonal antibodies and polyvalent antiserum against keratin. J Histochem Cytochem 34:1037-46 (1986). PubMed: 2426332