Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- PE Rabbit monoclonal [EPR17067] to IRF5
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Product namePE Anti-IRF5 antibody [EPR17067]
See all IRF5 primary antibodies
DescriptionPE Rabbit monoclonal [EPR17067] to IRF5
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment within Human IRF5 aa 1-200. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q13568-4
- Flow Cytometry: RAW264.7 cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- Anti-IRF5 antibody [EPR17067] (ab181553)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-IRF5 antibody [EPR17067] (ab208271)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-IRF5 antibody [EPR17067] (ab209034)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-IRF5 antibody [EPR17067] (ab210457)
- Alexa Fluor® 555 Anti-IRF5 antibody [EPR17067] (ab210656)
- Anti-IRF5 antibody [EPR17067] - BSA and Azide free (ab231163)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab212239 in the following tested applications.
The cellular localisation of this product has been verified in ICC/IF.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in IRF5 are associated with susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease type 14 (IBD14) [MIM:612245]. IBD14 is a chronic, relapsing inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract with a complex etiology. It is subdivided into Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis phenotypes. Crohn disease may affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract from the mouth to the anus, but most frequently it involves the terminal ileum and colon. Bowel inflammation is transmural and discontinuous; it may contain granulomas or be associated with intestinal or perianal fistulas. In contrast, in ulcerative colitis, the inflammation is continuous and limited to rectal and colonic mucosal layers; fistulas and granulomas are not observed. Both diseases include extraintestinal inflammation of the skin, eyes, or joints.
Genetic variations in IRF5 are associated with susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus type 10 (SLEB10) [MIM:612251]. Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a chronic, inflammatory and often febrile multisystemic disorder of connective tissue. It affects principally the skin, joints, kidneys and serosal membranes. It is thought to represent a failure of the regulatory mechanisms of the autoimmune system.
Genetic variations in IRF5 are a cause of susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) [MIM:180300]. It is a systemic inflammatory disease with autoimmune features and a complex genetic component. It primarily affects the joints and is characterized by inflammatory changes in the synovial membranes and articular structures, widespread fibrinoid degeneration of the collagen fibers in mesenchymal tissues, and by atrophy and rarefaction of bony structures.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IRF family.
Contains 1 IRF tryptophan pentad repeat DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Interferon regulatory factor 5 antibody
- Interferon regulatory factor 5 bone marrow variant antibody
- IRF 5 antibody
Overlay histogram showing RAW264.7 cells stained with ab212239 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100 for 15 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab212239, 1/1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) Phycoerythrin (ab209478) used at the same concentration and conditions as the primary antibody. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 50mW Yellow/Green laser (561nm) and 586/15 bandpass filter.
This antibody gave a positive signal in RAW264.7 cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min), permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100 for 15 min used under the same conditions.
ab212239 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Bachus H et al. Impaired Tumor-Necrosis-Factor-a-driven Dendritic Cell Activation Limits Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Protection from Allergic Inflammation in Infants. Immunity 50:225-240.e4 (2019). PubMed: 30635238