Key features and details
- PE Mouse monoclonal [UIC2] to P Glycoprotein
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product namePE Anti-P Glycoprotein antibody [UIC2]
See all P Glycoprotein primary antibodies
DescriptionPE Mouse monoclonal [UIC2] to P Glycoprotein
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Mouse Balb/c 3T3 fibroblasts transfected with Human P Glycoprotein cDNA
- 8226 DOX40 and 8226/S cell lines
ab93590 has been reported to inhibit MDR1-mediated efflux.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Primary antibody notesab93590 has been reported to inhibit MDR1-mediated efflux.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93590 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 5µl for 106 cells.
Use 5 µl/test for 105-8 cells in 100µl.
ab91363 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionEnergy-dependent efflux pump responsible for decreased drug accumulation in multidrug-resistant cells.
Tissue specificityExpressed in liver, kidney, small intestine and brain.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in ABCB1 are associated with susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease type 13 (IBD13) [MIM:612244]. Inflammatory bowel disease is characterized by a chronic relapsing intestinal inflammation. It is subdivided into Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis phenotypes. Crohn disease may involve any part of the gastrointestinal tract, but most frequently the terminal ileum and colon. Bowel inflammation is transmural and discontinuous; it may contain granulomas or be associated with intestinal or perianal fistulas. In contrast, in ulcerative colitis, the inflammation is continuous and limited to rectal and colonic mucosal layers; fistulas and granulomas are not observed. Both diseases include extraintestinal inflammation of the skin, eyes, or joints. Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis are commonly classified as autoimmune diseases.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ABC transporter superfamily. ABCB family. Multidrug resistance exporter (TC 3.A.1.201) subfamily.
Contains 2 ABC transmembrane type-1 domains.
Contains 2 ABC transporter domains.
- Information by UniProt
- ABC20 antibody
- ABCB1 antibody
- ATP binding cassette, sub family B (MDR/TAP), member 1 antibody
ab93590 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Guo HH et al. Liver-target nanotechnology facilitates berberine to ameliorate cardio-metabolic diseases. Nat Commun 10:1981 (2019). PubMed: 31040273
- Rafiee R et al. ABCB1 SNP predicts outcome in patients with acute myeloid leukemia treated with Gemtuzumab ozogamicin: a report from Children's Oncology Group AAML0531 Trial. Blood Cancer J 9:51 (2019). PubMed: 31113932
- Lopes A et al. Chiral Thioxanthones as Modulators of P-glycoprotein: Synthesis and Enantioselectivity Studies. Molecules 23:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29534440
- Wang CW et al. 7-ketocholesterol and 27-hydroxycholesterol decreased doxorubicin sensitivity in breast cancer cells: estrogenic activity and mTOR pathway. Oncotarget 8:66033-66050 (2017). PubMed: 29029490
- Huang XC et al. Parguerenes: Marine red alga bromoditerpenes as inhibitors of P-glycoprotein (ABCB1) in multidrug resistant human cancer cells. Biochem Pharmacol 85:1257-68 (2013). PubMed: 23415901
- Chaudhary PM et al. Expression and activity of the multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein in human peripheral blood lymphocytes. Blood 80:2735-9 (1992). PubMed: 1360267
- Mechetner EB & Roninson IB Efficient inhibition of P-glycoprotein-mediated multidrug resistance with a monoclonal antibody. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:5824-8 (1992). PubMed: 1352877