Key features and details
- PE Rat monoclonal [APA5] to PDGFR alpha
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product namePE Anti-PDGFR alpha antibody [APA5]
See all PDGFR alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionPE Rat monoclonal [APA5] to PDGFR alpha
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Fusion protein corresponding to Mouse PDGFR alpha.
- NIH/3T3 cell line
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93531 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.5µg for 105-8 cells.
A final volume of 100 µl is recommended for staining the cell sample.
ab134674 - Rat monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionReceptor that binds both PDGFA and PDGFB and has a tyrosine-protein kinase activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in primary and metastatic colon tumors and in normal colon tissue. Tumors may express a different isoform to that found in normal tissue.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving PDGFRA is found in some cases of hypereosinophilic syndrome. Interstitial chromosomal deletion del(4)(q12q12) causes the fusion of FIP1L1 and PDGFRA (FIP1L1-PDGFRA).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. CSF-1/PDGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha-type platelet-derived growth factor receptor antibody
- CD140 antigen-like family member A antibody
- CD140a antibody
ab93531 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Boulanger JJ & Messier C Doublecortin in Oligodendrocyte Precursor Cells in the Adult Mouse Brain. Front Neurosci 11:143 (2017). PubMed: 28400715
- Penton CM et al. Muscle side population cells from dystrophic or injured muscle adopt a fibro-adipogenic fate. PLoS One 8:e54553 (2013). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 23336007
- Miyawaki T et al. Tlx, an orphan nuclear receptor, regulates cell numbers and astrocyte development in the developing retina. J Neurosci 24:8124-34 (2004). IHC-Fr . PubMed: 15371513
- Takakura N et al. PDGFR alpha expression during mouse embryogenesis: immunolocalization analyzed by whole-mount immunohistostaining using the monoclonal anti-mouse PDGFR alpha antibody APA5. J Histochem Cytochem 45:883-93 (1997). IHC-P . PubMed: 9199674