Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- PE Rabbit monoclonal [EP1176Y] to VEGFA
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Product namePE Anti-VEGFA antibody [EP1176Y]
See all VEGFA primary antibodies
DescriptionPE Rabbit monoclonal [EP1176Y] to VEGFA
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide within Human VEGFA aa 200 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P15692
- Flow Cyt: HeLa cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-VEGFA antibody [EP1176Y] - BSA and Azide free (ab185238)
- Biotin Anti-VEGFA antibody [EP1176Y] (ab195902)
- Alexa Fluor® 488 Anti-VEGFA antibody [EP1176Y] (ab206886)
- Alexa Fluor® 647 Anti-VEGFA antibody [EP1176Y] (ab206887)
- Alexa Fluor® 594 Anti-VEGFA antibody [EP1176Y] (ab206888)
- Anti-VEGFA antibody [EP1176Y] - C-terminal (ab52917)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab209439 in the following tested applications.
The cellular localisation of this product has been verified in ICC/IF.
FunctionGrowth factor active in angiogenesis, vasculogenesis and endothelial cell growth. Induces endothelial cell proliferation, promotes cell migration, inhibits apoptosis and induces permeabilization of blood vessels. Binds to the FLT1/VEGFR1 and KDR/VEGFR2 receptors, heparan sulfate and heparin. NRP1/Neuropilin-1 binds isoforms VEGF-165 and VEGF-145. Isoform VEGF165B binds to KDR but does not activate downstream signaling pathways, does not activate angiogenesis and inhibits tumor growth.
Tissue specificityIsoform VEGF189, isoform VEGF165 and isoform VEGF121 are widely expressed. Isoform VEGF206 and isoform VEGF145 are not widely expressed.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in VEGFA are a cause of susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 1 (MVCD1) [MIM:603933]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
Cellular localizationSecreted. VEGF121 is acidic and freely secreted. VEGF165 is more basic, has heparin-binding properties and, although a signicant proportion remains cell-associated, most is freely secreted. VEGF189 is very basic, it is cell-associated after secretion and is bound avidly by heparin and the extracellular matrix, although it may be released as a soluble form by heparin, heparinase or plasmin.
- Information by UniProt
- Folliculostellate cell-derived growth factor antibody
- Glioma-derived endothelial cell mitogen antibody
- MGC70609 antibody
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab209439 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 90% methanol at -20°C for 15 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab209439, 1/2500 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C.
Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) Phycoerythrin (ab209478) used at the same concentration and conditions as the primary antibody. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control.
Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20 mW Solid State Blue Laser (488nm) and 585/40 bandpass filter.
ab209439 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Ko SY et al. Cancer-derived small extracellular vesicles promote angiogenesis by heparin-bound, bevacizumab-insensitive VEGF, independent of vesicle uptake. Commun Biol 2:386 (2019). PubMed: 31646189
- Young MD et al. Single-cell transcriptomes from human kidneys reveal the cellular identity of renal tumors. Science 361:594-599 (2018). PubMed: 30093597