Key features and details
- PE/Cy5® Rat monoclonal [G7] to CD90 / Thy1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: PE/Cy5®. Ex: 496nm, Em: 670nm
- Isotype: IgG2c
Product namePE/Cy5® Anti-CD90 / Thy1 antibody [G7]
See all CD90 / Thy1 primary antibodies
DescriptionPE/Cy5® Rat monoclonal [G7] to CD90 / Thy1
ConjugationPE/Cy5®. Ex: 496nm, Em: 670nm
Specificityab25272 is specific for Thy-1.1 and Thy-1.2 alloantigens (Thy-1 epitope region A).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to CD90/ Thy1. Mouse T cell hybridoma C6/G8
ab25272 stimulates T-cell proliferation and IL-2 secretion, via signalling through the T-cell receptor/CD3 complex. ab25272 has also been reported to promote apoptosis of thymocytes and CTL clones, and to mediate adhesion of thymocytes to thymic stroma.
This product or portions thereof is manufactured under license from Carnegie Mellon University under U.S. Patent Number 5, 268, 486 and related patents. Cy® and CyDye® are trademarks of Cytiva.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.1
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.2% Gelatin, 16% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesab25272 stimulates T-cell proliferation and IL-2 secretion, via signalling through the T-cell receptor/CD3 complex. ab25272 has also been reported to promote apoptosis of thymocytes and CTL clones, and to mediate adhesion of thymocytes to thymic stroma.
Light chain typekappa
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25272 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use 0.2µg for 106 cells.
Use 0.2µg for 106 cells.
FunctionMay play a role in cell-cell or cell-ligand interactions during synaptogenesis and other events in the brain.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD7 antibody
- CD90 antibody
- CD90 antigen antibody
ab25272 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Hu J et al. Effects of menstrual blood-derived stem cells on endometrial injury repair. Mol Med Rep 19:813-820 (2019). PubMed: 30569163
- Hueber AO et al. Thy-1 triggers mouse thymocyte apoptosis through a bcl-2-resistant mechanism. J Exp Med 179:785-96 (1994). PubMed: 7906706
- Ucker DS et al. Activation-driven T cell death. II. Quantitative differences alone distinguish stimuli triggering nontransformed T cell proliferation or death. J Immunol 149:1583-92 (1992). PubMed: 1380534
- He HT et al. Thy-1 supports adhesion of mouse thymocytes to thymic epithelial cells through a Ca2(+)-independent mechanism. J Exp Med 173:515-8 (1991). PubMed: 1671083
- Sugiyama E et al. Selection of T cell receptor expression mutants through the functionally linked Ly-6A. Cell Immunol 130:271-80 (1990). PubMed: 1976441
- Tentori L et al. Proliferation and production of IL-2 and B cell stimulatory factor 1/IL-4 in early fetal thymocytes by activation through Thy-1 and CD3. J Immunol 140:1089-94 (1988). PubMed: 2893823
- Gunter KC et al. T cell-activating properties of an anti-Thy-1 monoclonal antibody. Possible analogy to OKT3/Leu-4. J Exp Med 159:716-30 (1984). PubMed: 6142077