Product namePE/Cy7® Conjugation Kit - Lightning-Link®
PE/Cy7® Conjugation Kit / PE/Cy7® Labeling Kit ab102903 uses a simple and quick process for PE/Cy7 labeling / conjugation of antibodies. It can also be used to conjugate other proteins or peptides. Learn about our antibody labeling kits and their advantages.
To conjugate an antibody to PE/Cy7® using this kit:
- add modifier to antibody and incubate for 3 hrs
- add quencher and incubate for 30 mins
The PE/Cy7® conjugated antibody can be used immediately in WB, ELISA, IHC etc. No further purification is required and 100% of the antibody is recovered for use.
Learn about buffer compatibility below; for incompatible buffers and low antibody concentrations, use our rapid antibody purification and concentration kits. Use the FAQ to learn more about the technology, or about conjugating other proteins and peptides to PE/Cy7®.
Custom size conjugation kits up to 100 mg are available on demand. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company, and was previously called Lightning-Link® R-PE/Cy7 Labeling Kit. 762-0005 is the same as the 60 µg size. 762-0010 is the same as the 3 x 60 ug size. 762-0030 is the same as the 3 x 10 ug size. 762-0015 is the same as the 600 µg size.
Amount and volume of antibody for conjugation to PE/Cy7®.
Kit size Recommended
amount of antibody
3 x 10 µg 3 x 10 µg 3 x 10 µL 60 µg 1 x 60 µg 1 x 60 µL 3 x 60 µg 3 x 60 µg 3 x 60 µL 600 µg 1 x 600 µg 1 x 600 µL
1Ideal antibody concentration is 1mg/ml. 0.5 - 1 mg/ml can be used if the maximum antibody volume is not exceeded. Antibodies > 1 mg/ml or < 0.5 mg/ml should be diluted /concentrated.
The selling size of this product has been changed – it is now based on the amount of antibody that can be conjugated with the kit, not the amount of PE mix provided. The amount of antibody advised that can be used with the kit has also been updated to reflect what will give the best conjugation results. The quantity and formulation of reagents provided have not changed, if you have been previously using the kit successfully with a different amount of antibody, there is no need to change the way that you are using the kit.
Buffer Requirements for Conjugation
Buffer should be pH 6.5-8.5.
Compatible buffer constituents
If a concentration is shown, then the constituent should be no more than the concentration shown. If several constituents are close to the limit of acceptable concentration, then this can inhibit conjugation.
50mM / 0.6% Tris1 0.1%/1% BSA2 50% glycerol 0.1% sodium azide PBS Potassium phosphate Sodium chloride HEPES Sucrose Sodium citrate EDTA Trehalose
1 1% BSA gives lower quality conjugates, BSA can also interfere with the use of the conjugated antibody in tissue staining.
Incompatible buffer constituents
Thiomerosal Proclin Glycine Arginine Glutathione DTT
Only purified antibodies are suitable for use, ie. where other proteins, peptides, or amino acids are not present: antibodies in ascites fluid, serum or hybridoma culture media are incompatible.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 60 µg 600 µg 3 x 10 µg 3 x 60 µg ab274106 - Modifier reagent 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl ab274150 - PE/Cy7 mix 1 x 60µg 1 x 600µg 3 x 10µg 3 x 60µg ab274133 - Quencher reagent 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl
Oliveira BM et al. used ab102903 PE-Cy7® conjugation kit with a mouse anti-bovine CD45RO antibody and ab102859 APC-Cy7® conjugation kit with a mouse anti-Bovine CD62L antibody. This enabled them to run their desired multicolor flow cytometry panel.
Data shows flow cytometry gating strategy used to define γδ T cells (TCRγδ+CD3+CD335−), CD4+ T cells (CD4+CD3+TCRγδ−CD335−), CD8+ T cells (CD8+CD3+TCRγδ−CD335−) and NK cells (CD335+CD3−) in the stromal vascular fraction (SVF) of mesenteric and subcutaneous bovine adipose tissue (MAT and SAT, respectively) and in peripheral blood leukocytes. Dead cells were excluded with Fixable Viability Dye (FVD), lymphocytes were gated based on SSC-A versus FSC-A and singlets were selected from the FSC-A versus FSC-H dot plot.
The flow cytometry gating strategy used to define CD45RO+ and CD62L+ T cell subpopulations is also shown in CD8+
This illustration demonstrates a general procedure and will slightly vary dependent on the conjugate used.
ab102903 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Goto S et al. Upregulation of PD-L1 Expression by Prostaglandin E2 and the Enhancement of IFN-? by Anti-PD-L1 Antibody Combined With a COX-2 Inhibitor in Mycoplasma bovis Infection. Front Vet Sci 7:12 (2020). PubMed: 32154274
- Boonpiyathad T et al. Allergen-specific immunotherapy boosts allergen-specific IgD production in house dust mite-sensitized asthmatic patients. Allergy 75:1457-1460 (2020). PubMed: 31769883
- Oliveira BM et al. T cells in mesenteric and subcutaneous adipose tissue of Holstein-Friesian cows. Sci Rep 9:3413 (2019). PubMed: 30833655
- Lam D et al. Tissue-specific extracellular matrix accelerates the formation of neural networks and communities in a neuron-glia co-culture on a multi-electrode array. Sci Rep 9:4159 (2019). PubMed: 30858401
- Watari K et al. Immune inhibitory function of bovine CTLA-4 and the effects of its blockade in IFN-? production. BMC Vet Res 15:380 (2019). PubMed: 31665022
- Xi H et al. IL-33 amplifies an innate immune response in the degenerating retina. J Exp Med 213:189-207 (2016). PubMed: 26755704
- Simon L et al. Chronic binge alcohol consumption alters myogenic gene expression and reduces in vitro myogenic differentiation potential of myoblasts from rhesus macaques. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 306:R837-44 (2014). PubMed: 24671243
- Torrisi BM et al. Pocketed microneedles for rapid delivery of a liquid-state botulinum toxin A formulation into human skin. J Control Release 165:146-52 (2013). PubMed: 23178949