Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PEDF
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PEDF antibody
See all PEDF primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PEDF
SpecificityRecognizes PEDF at 50kDa. Additional bands were detected at 66 and 76kDa, which were competed away by immunogen. These bands may be post translationally modified forms.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Fusion protein (His-tag) corresponding to Human PEDF. Corresponding to full length human PEDF expressed in baby hamster kidney cells.
- WB: RIPA lysates from Y79 cells.
General notesFor maximum recovery of product, centrifuge the original vial after thawing and prior to removing the cap. Further dilutions can be made in assay buffer.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability and aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.184% Tris glycine, 30% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14993 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
FunctionNeurotrophic protein; induces extensive neuronal differentiation in retinoblastoma cells. Potent inhibitor of angiogenesis. As it does not undergo the S (stressed) to R (relaxed) conformational transition characteristic of active serpins, it exhibits no serine protease inhibitory activity.
Tissue specificityRetinal pigment epithelial cells and blood plasma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
Developmental stageExpressed in quiescent cells.
DomainThe N-terminal (AA 44-121) exhibits neurite outgrowth-inducing activity. The C-terminal exposed loop (AA 382-418) is essential for serpin activity.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked. Extracellular phosphorylation enhances antiangiogenic activity.
N- and O-glycosylated. O-glycosylated with a core 1 or possibly core 8 glycan.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Melanosome. Enriched in stage I melanosomes.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 35 protein antibody
- EPC 1 antibody
- EPC-1 antibody
Lanes 1-4: Cartilage lysates from 4 osteoarthritic knee replacement donors (100 mg (wet weight) powdered cartilage/ 1 ml RIPA buffer, extracted for 24 hrs at 4°C)
Lane C: Positive control (overexpressing cell line)
Anticipated band at approx 50kDa detected. Specificity of antibody allowed relatively long exposure and quite high concentrations of primary and secondary antibodies to be used with negligible background. Good results were also obtained with unreduced samples.
The additional approx 250kDa band is likely to be due to PEDF crosslinked or bound to high molecular weight matrix proteins (collagen, aggrecan) which are present in cartilage lysates. Reduction using beta mercaptoethanol reduced some, but not all high MW staining and increased the intensity of the 50kDa band.
Anti-PEDF antibody (ab14993) at 1 µg/ml + Y79 (Human retinoblastoma cell line) cell lysate in RIPA buffer at 40 µg
IgG (HRP) goat anti-rabbit
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Chemiluminescence detection system.
ab14993 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang X et al. Pigment epithelium-derived factor facilitates NLRP3 inflammasome activation through downregulating cytidine monophosphate kinase 2: A potential treatment strategy for missed abortion. Int J Mol Med 45:1436-1446 (2020). PubMed: 32323732
- Qian W et al. Secretome analysis of rat osteoblasts during icariin treatment induced osteogenesis. Mol Med Rep 17:6515-6525 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29532868
- Han Z et al. Retinal angiogenesis in the Ins2(Akita) mouse model of diabetic retinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:574-84 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23221078
- Allen CL et al. Augmented dried versus cryopreserved amniotic membrane as an ocular surface dressing. PLoS One 8:e78441 (2013). ICC/IF . PubMed: 24205233
- Tripathy D et al. Age-related decrease in cerebrovascular-derived neuroprotective proteins: effect of acetaminophen. Microvasc Res 84:278-85 (2012). ELISA ; Rat . PubMed: 22944728
- Sanchez A et al. Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) protects cortical neurons in vitro from oxidant injury by activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) 1/2 and induction of Bcl-2. Neurosci Res 72:1-8 (2012). ELISA . PubMed: 21946416
- Simper D et al. Comparative proteomics profiling reveals role of smooth muscle progenitors in extracellular matrix production. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1325-32 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20431068