Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PEDF
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PEDF antibody
See all PEDF primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PEDF
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human PEDF aa 1-200.
QNPASPPEEGSPDPDSTGALVEEEDPFFKVPVNKLAAAVSNFGYDLYRVR SSTSPTTNVLLSPLSVATALSALSLGAEQRTESIIHRALYYDLISSPDIH GTYKELLDTVTAPQKNLKSASRIVFEKKLRIKSSFVAPLEKSYGTRPRVL TGNPRLDLQEINNWVQAQMKGKLARSTKEIPDEISILLLGVAHFKGQWVT KFDSRKTSLEDFYLDEERTVRVPMMSDPKAVLRYGLDSDLSCKIAQLPLT GSMSIIFFLPLKVTQNLTLIEESLTSEFIHDIDRELKTVQAVLTVPKLKL SYEGEVTKSLQEMKLQSLFDSPDFSKITGKPIKLTQVEHRAGFEWNEDGA GTTPSPGLQPAHLTFPLDYHLNQPFIFVLRDTDTGALLFIGKILDPRGP
Database link: P36955
- WB: A375 cell lysate and mouse kidney tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab180711 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa.|
FunctionNeurotrophic protein; induces extensive neuronal differentiation in retinoblastoma cells. Potent inhibitor of angiogenesis. As it does not undergo the S (stressed) to R (relaxed) conformational transition characteristic of active serpins, it exhibits no serine protease inhibitory activity.
Tissue specificityRetinal pigment epithelial cells and blood plasma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
Developmental stageExpressed in quiescent cells.
DomainThe N-terminal (AA 44-121) exhibits neurite outgrowth-inducing activity. The C-terminal exposed loop (AA 382-418) is essential for serpin activity.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked. Extracellular phosphorylation enhances antiangiogenic activity.
N- and O-glycosylated. O-glycosylated with a core 1 or possibly core 8 glycan.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Melanosome. Enriched in stage I melanosomes.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 35 protein antibody
- EPC 1 antibody
- EPC-1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PEDF antibody (ab180711) at 1/3000 dilution
Lane 1 : A375 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse kidney tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L)
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
Exposure time: 60 seconds
Blocking buffer: 3% nonfat dry milk in TBST.
ab180711 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Yang X et al. CSF1R blockade induces macrophage ablation and results in mouse choroidal vascular atrophy and RPE disorganization. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32234210
- Guo X et al. Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) ameliorates arsenic-induced vascular endothelial dysfunction in rats and toxicity in endothelial EA.hy926 cells. Environ Res 186:109506 (2020). PubMed: 32315827
- Zhang Q et al. A platform for assessing outer segment fate in primary human fetal RPE cultures. Exp Eye Res 178:212-222 (2019). PubMed: 30336126
- Chen Y et al. Photoreceptor degeneration in microphthalmia (Mitf) mice: partial rescue by pigment epithelium-derived factor. Dis Model Mech 12:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30651300
- Wang H et al. Pigment Epithelial-Derived Factor Deficiency Accelerates Atherosclerosis Development via Promoting Endothelial Fatty Acid Uptake in Mice With Hyperlipidemia. J Am Heart Assoc 8:e013028 (2019). PubMed: 31711388
- Zhang Q et al. Highly Differentiated Human Fetal RPE Cultures Are Resistant to the Accumulation and Toxicity of Lipofuscin-Like Material. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 60:3468-3479 (2019). PubMed: 31408109
- Bishehsari F et al. KRAS mutation and epithelial-macrophage interplay in pancreatic neoplastic transformation. Int J Cancer 143:1994-2007 (2018). PubMed: 29756386
- Yao Q et al. Lycium Barbarum Polysaccharides Improve Retinopathy in Diabetic Sprague-Dawley Rats. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2018:7943212 (2018). PubMed: 30581486
- Wang L et al. miR-93-3p inhibition suppresses clear cell renal cell carcinoma proliferation, metastasis and invasion. Oncotarget 8:82824-82834 (2017). PubMed: 29137305
- Zhang J et al. Effects of p75 neurotrophin receptor on regulating hypoxia-induced angiogenic factors in retinal pigment epithelial cells. Mol Cell Biochem 398:123-34 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25200140