Product namePEDF peptide
See all PEDF proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab168543 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-PEDF antibody [EPR9826(B)] (ab157207)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 35 protein
- EPC 1
FunctionNeurotrophic protein; induces extensive neuronal differentiation in retinoblastoma cells. Potent inhibitor of angiogenesis. As it does not undergo the S (stressed) to R (relaxed) conformational transition characteristic of active serpins, it exhibits no serine protease inhibitory activity.
Tissue specificityRetinal pigment epithelial cells and blood plasma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family.
Developmental stageExpressed in quiescent cells.
DomainThe N-terminal (AA 44-121) exhibits neurite outgrowth-inducing activity. The C-terminal exposed loop (AA 382-418) is essential for serpin activity.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked. Extracellular phosphorylation enhances antiangiogenic activity.
N- and O-glycosylated. O-glycosylated with a core 1 or possibly core 8 glycan.
Cellular localizationSecreted. Melanosome. Enriched in stage I melanosomes.
- Information by UniProt
ab168543 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.