Key features and details
- Assay type: Direct
- Sample type: Cell culture media, Other biological fluids
- Sensitivity: 40 %
Product namePEG Virus Precipitation Kit
Sample typeOther biological fluids, Cell culture media
Sensitivity> 40 %
Range40 % - 100 %
Abcam's PEG Virus Precipitation Kit provides an easy, convenient and time-saving method to concentrate viruses without ultra-centrifugation. The kit can be used for small lab samples or large scale virus preparation with high yield and high viral titer. The kit can be used to concentrate retroviruses, baculoviruses, lentiviruses, and phages etc. in cell culture medium or environmental samples. Viruses can be concentrated over 100 fold. An optimized Virus Re-suspension Solution is provided to maximize viral recovery by 40-100% depending on the virus type and sources. The whole process uses non-toxic reagents. The concentrated virus can be used for infection, viral DNA or RNA purification, etc.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Viruses are usually produced at a low titer. They often need to be concentrated for storage or further applications. A quick, easy and inexpensive method is desired to concentrate viruses and remove impurities.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 50 tests PEG Solution 1 x 125ml Virus Re-suspension Solution 1 x 10ml
RelevanceVirus is usually produced at a low titer. It often needs to be concentrated for storage or further applications. A quick, easy and inexpensive method is desired to concentrate virus and remove impurities. PEG (Polyethylene glycol) Virus Precipitation provides an easy, convenient and time-saving method to concentrate virus without ultra-centrifugation.
- Polyethylene glycol virus
Concentration of baculovirus: Low titer baculovirus (10 ml) expressing human Granzyme B was precipitated following the kit protocol and the precipitate was suspended in 1 ml of Virus Re-suspension Solution. Both low titer and precipitated baculovirus was subsequently used to infect SF9 Insect cells. The activity of recombinant Granzyme B secreted into the culture medium by low titer and precipitated baculovirus infected insect cells was monitored using ab157403 - Granzyme B Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric).
ab102538 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Zhang C et al. KDM6A promotes imatinib resistance through YY1-mediated transcriptional upregulation of TRKA independently of its demethylase activity in chronic myelogenous leukemia. Theranostics 11:2691-2705 (2021). PubMed: 33456567
- Ball DP et al. Caspase-1 interdomain linker cleavage is required for pyroptosis. Life Sci Alliance 3:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32051255
- Alvarez KLF et al. An EdU-based flow cytometry assay to evaluate chicken T lymphocyte proliferation. BMC Vet Res 16:230 (2020). PubMed: 32631319
- Oguntuyo KY et al. Quantifying absolute neutralization titers against SARS-CoV-2 by a standardized virus neutralization assay allows for cross-cohort comparisons of COVID-19 sera. medRxiv N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32817961
- Zahavi EE et al. The receptor tyrosine kinase TrkB signals without dimerization at the plasma membrane. Sci Signal 11:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29739881