Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR9200] to PEN2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-PEN2 antibody [EPR9200]
See all PEN2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR9200] to PEN2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human PEN2 (UniProt Q9NZ42).
- Neuro-2a, fetal lung and Human placenta lysates; Human skeletal muscle tissue; Neuro-2a cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab154830 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 12 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/500.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionEssential subunit of the gamma-secretase complex, an endoprotease complex that catalyzes the intramembrane cleavage of integral membrane proteins such as Notch receptors and APP (beta-amyloid precursor protein). Probably represents the last step of maturation of gamma-secretase, facilitating endoproteolysis of presenilin and conferring gamma-secretase activity.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Expressed in leukocytes, lung, placenta, small intestine, liver, kidney, spleen thymus, skeletal muscle, heart and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PEN-2 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus > Golgi stack membrane. Predominantly located in the endoplasmic reticulum and in the cis-Golgi.
- Information by UniProt
- Gamma secretase subunit PEN 2 antibody
- Gamma Secretase Subunit PEN2 antibody
- Gamma-secretase subunit PEN-2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PEN2 antibody [EPR9200] (ab154830) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Neuro-2a cell lysate
Lane 2 : Fetal lung lysate
Lane 3 : Human placenta lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 12 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human skeletal muscle tissue labeling PEN2 with ab154830 at 1/100 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized Neuro-2a cells labeling PEN2 with ab154830 at 1/100 dilution (red) compared to a rabbit IgG negative control (green).
ab154830 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Xu TH et al. Alzheimer's disease-associated mutations increase amyloid precursor protein resistance to ?-secretase cleavage and the Aß42/Aß40 ratio. Cell Discov 2:16026 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27625790
- Zhang X et al. The topology of pen-2, a ?-secretase subunit, revisited: evidence for a reentrant loop and a single pass transmembrane domain. Mol Neurodegener 10:39 (2015). PubMed: 26296997
- Holmes O et al. Functional analysis and purification of a Pen-2 fusion protein for ?-secretase structural studies. J Neurochem 131:94-100 (2014). PubMed: 24865334
- Holmes O et al. Pen-2 is essential for ?-secretase complex stability and trafficking but partially dispensable for endoproteolysis. Biochemistry 53:4393-406 (2014). PubMed: 24941111