Product nameAnti-PEN2 antibody [EPR9200]
See all PEN2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR9200] to PEN2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human PEN2 (UniProt Q9NZ42).
- Neuro-2a, fetal lung and Human placenta lysates; Human skeletal muscle tissue; Neuro-2a cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab154830 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 12 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/500.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionEssential subunit of the gamma-secretase complex, an endoprotease complex that catalyzes the intramembrane cleavage of integral membrane proteins such as Notch receptors and APP (beta-amyloid precursor protein). Probably represents the last step of maturation of gamma-secretase, facilitating endoproteolysis of presenilin and conferring gamma-secretase activity.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Expressed in leukocytes, lung, placenta, small intestine, liver, kidney, spleen thymus, skeletal muscle, heart and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PEN-2 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus > Golgi stack membrane. Predominantly located in the endoplasmic reticulum and in the cis-Golgi.
- Information by UniProt
- Gamma secretase subunit PEN 2 antibody
- Gamma Secretase Subunit PEN2 antibody
- Gamma-secretase subunit PEN-2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PEN2 antibody [EPR9200] (ab154830) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Neuro-2a cell lysate
Lane 2 : Fetal lung lysate
Lane 3 : Human placenta lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 12 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human skeletal muscle tissue labeling PEN2 with ab154830 at 1/100 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized Neuro-2a cells labeling PEN2 with ab154830 at 1/100 dilution (red) compared to a rabbit IgG negative control (green).
This product has been referenced in:
- Xu TH et al. Alzheimer's disease-associated mutations increase amyloid precursor protein resistance to ?-secretase cleavage and the Aß42/Aß40 ratio. Cell Discov 2:16026 (2016). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 27625790) »
- Zhang X et al. The topology of pen-2, a ?-secretase subunit, revisited: evidence for a reentrant loop and a single pass transmembrane domain. Mol Neurodegener 10:39 (2015). Read more (PubMed: 26296997) »