Product nameAnti-Pepsin antibody - Azide free (HRP)
See all Pepsin primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Pepsin - Azide free (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Pig
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Pig Pepsin aa 1-385. Purified from pig stomach.
Database link: P00791
- Pepsin protein.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Gentamicin sulphate
Constituents: 0.27% Potassium phosphate, 0.88% Sodium chloride, 1% BSA
Do NOT add Sodium Azide!
Immunoglobulin and Protease free.
Concentration information loading...
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab181878 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/1000 - 1/5000.|
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa.|
RelevancePepsin is a digestive enzyme with particularly broad specificity. It is stored as pepsinogen, so only released when needed. In the stomach, chief cells release pepsinogen. The hormone gastrin and the vagus nerve trigger the release of both pepsinogen and HCl from the stomach lining when food is ingested. HCl creates an acidic environment which allows pepsinogen to unfold and cleave itself in an autocatalytic fashion, thereby generating pepsin (the active form). Pepsin may then cleave the dietary proteins into smaller peptides.
- Pepsin A 3 antibody
- Pepsin A 4 antibody
- Pepsin A 5 antibody
ab181878 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.