Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PER2
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-PER2 antibody
See all PER2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PER2
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human PER2.
Database link: O15055
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
FunctionComponent of the circadian clock mechanism which is essential for generating circadian rhythms. Negative element in the circadian transcriptional loop. Influences clock function by interacting with other circadian regulatory proteins and transporting them to the nucleus. Negatively regulates CLOCK
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Found in heart, brain, placenta, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas. High levels in skeletal muscle and pancreas. Low level in lung.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PER2 are a cause of familial advanced sleep-phase syndrome (FASPS) [MIM:604348]. FASPS is characterized by very early sleep onset and offset. Individuals are 'morning larks' with a 4 hours advance of the sleep, temperature and melatonin rhythms.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 PAC (PAS-associated C-terminal) domain.
Contains 2 PAS (PER-ARNT-SIM) domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CSNK1E and CSNK1D. Phosphorylation results in PER2 protein degradation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Mainly nuclear. Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling is effected by interaction with other circadian core oscillator proteins and/or by phosphorylation. Retention of PER1 in the cytoplasm occurs through PER1-PER2 heterodimer formation or by interaction with CSNK1E and/or phosphorylation which appears to mask the PER nuclear localization signal. Also translocated to the nucleus by CRY1 or CRY2.
- Information by UniProt
- Circadian clock protein PERIOD 2 antibody
- FASPS antibody
- FASPS1 antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab180655 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Redondo JA et al. PER2 Circadian Oscillation Sensitizes Esophageal Cancer Cells to Chemotherapy. Biology (Basel) 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33810377
- Su W et al. Deletion of the Capn1 Gene Results in Alterations in Signaling Pathways Related to Alzheimer's Disease, Protein Quality Control and Synaptic Plasticity in Mouse Brain. Front Genet 11:334 (2020). PubMed: 32328086
- Zhu J et al. Role of Smad3 inhibitor and the pyroptosis pathway in spinal cord injury. Exp Ther Med 20:1675-1681 (2020). PubMed: 32742397
- Lu R et al. Necdin regulates BMAL1 stability and circadian clock through SGT1-HSP90 chaperone machinery. Nucleic Acids Res 48:7944-7957 (2020). PubMed: 32667666
- Ji G et al. Hydrogen peroxide modulates clock gene expression via PRX2-STAT3-REV-ERBa/ß pathway. Free Radic Biol Med 145:312-320 (2019). PubMed: 31585206
- Crosby P et al. Insulin/IGF-1 Drives PERIOD Synthesis to Entrain Circadian Rhythms with Feeding Time. Cell 177:896-909.e20 (2019). PubMed: 31030999
- Ao Y et al. A role for the clock period circadian regulator 2 gene in regulating the clock gene network in human oral squamous cell carcinoma cells. Oncol Lett 15:4185-4192 (2018). PubMed: 29541184
- Qin T et al. Effect of Period 2 on the proliferation, apoptosis and migration of osteosarcoma cells, and the corresponding mechanisms. Oncol Lett 16:2668-2674 (2018). PubMed: 30013663
- Yang W et al. Clock gene Bmal1 modulates human cartilage gene expression by crosstalk with Sirt1. Endocrinology N/A:en20152042 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27253997
- Meier D et al. Twist1 Is a TNF-Inducible Inhibitor of Clock Mediated Activation of Period Genes. PLoS One 10:e0137229 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26361389