Key features and details
- PerCP Mouse monoclonal [WM53] to CD33
- Reacts with: Human, Non human primates
- Conjugation: PerCP. Ex: 482nm, Em: 675nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product namePerCP Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53]
See all CD33 primary antibodies
DescriptionPerCP Mouse monoclonal [WM53] to CD33
ConjugationPerCP. Ex: 482nm, Em: 675nm
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Non human primates
Human AML cells.
- Human blood cells
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
- APC Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab118967)
- APC/Cy7® Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab206634)
- Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] - BSA and Azide free (ab213050)
- PE/Cy5® Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab233448)
- PE Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab233577)
- FITC Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab234216)
- PE/Cy7® Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab239310)
- Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] - BSA and Azide free (ab252263)
- Alexa Fluor® 700 Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab269306)
- Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab30371)
FunctionPutative adhesion molecule of myelomonocytic-derived cells that mediates sialic-acid dependent binding to cells. Preferentially binds to alpha-2,6-linked sialic acid. The sialic acid recognition site may be masked by cis interactions with sialic acids on the same cell surface. In the immune response, may act as an inhibitory receptor upon ligand induced tyrosine phosphorylation by recruiting cytoplasmic phosphatase(s) via their SH2 domain(s) that block signal transduction through dephosphorylation of signaling molecules. Induces apoptosis in acute myeloid leukemia (in vitro).
Tissue specificityMonocytic/myeloid lineage cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. SIGLEC (sialic acid binding Ig-like lectin) family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
DomainContains 2 copies of a cytoplasmic motif that is referred to as the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitor motif (ITIM). This motif is involved in modulation of cellular responses. The phosphorylated ITIM motif can bind the SH2 domain of several SH2-containing phosphatases.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Tyr-340 is involved in binding to PTPN6 and PTPN11. Phosphorylation of Tyr-358 is involved in binding to PTPN6.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 33 antibody
- CD33 antibody
- CD33 antigen (gp67) antibody
ab124531 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Hernández-Caselles T et al. A study of CD33 (SIGLEC-3) antigen expression and function on activated human T and NK cells: two isoforms of CD33 are generated by alternative splicing. J Leukoc Biol 79:46-58 (2006). PubMed: 16380601
- Garnache-Ottou F et al. Expression of the myeloid-associated marker CD33 is not an exclusive factor for leukemic plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Blood 105:1256-64 (2005). PubMed: 15388576
- Schenk M et al. Macrophages expressing triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 are underrepresented in the human intestine. J Immunol 174:517-24 (2005). PubMed: 15611278
- Leone AM et al. Mobilization of bone marrow-derived stem cells after myocardial infarction and left ventricular function. Eur Heart J 26:1196-204 (2005). PubMed: 15734770
- Hernández-López C et al. Stromal cell-derived factor 1/CXCR4 signaling is critical for early human T-cell development. Blood 99:546-54 (2002). PubMed: 11781237
- Vitale C et al. Surface expression and function of p75/AIRM-1 or CD33 in acute myeloid leukemias: engagement of CD33 induces apoptosis of leukemic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:5764-9 (2001). PubMed: 11320212
- Shin YK et al. Expression of leukemia-associated antigen, JL1, in bone marrow and thymus. Am J Pathol 158:1473-80 (2001). PubMed: 11290565