Key features and details
- PerCP Mouse monoclonal [WM53] to CD33
- Reacts with: Human, Non human primates
- Conjugation: PerCP. Ex: 482nm, Em: 675nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product namePerCP Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53]
See all CD33 primary antibodies
DescriptionPerCP Mouse monoclonal [WM53] to CD33
ConjugationPerCP. Ex: 482nm, Em: 675nm
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Non human primates
Human AML cells.
- Human blood cells
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
- APC Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab118967)
- APC/Cy7® Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab206634)
- Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] - BSA and Azide free (ab213050)
- PE/Cy5® Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab233448)
- PE Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab233577)
- FITC Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab234216)
- PE/Cy7® Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab239310)
- Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] - BSA and Azide free (ab252263)
- Alexa Fluor® 700 Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab269306)
- Anti-CD33 antibody [WM53] (ab30371)
FunctionPutative adhesion molecule of myelomonocytic-derived cells that mediates sialic-acid dependent binding to cells. Preferentially binds to alpha-2,6-linked sialic acid. The sialic acid recognition site may be masked by cis interactions with sialic acids on the same cell surface. In the immune response, may act as an inhibitory receptor upon ligand induced tyrosine phosphorylation by recruiting cytoplasmic phosphatase(s) via their SH2 domain(s) that block signal transduction through dephosphorylation of signaling molecules. Induces apoptosis in acute myeloid leukemia (in vitro).
Tissue specificityMonocytic/myeloid lineage cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. SIGLEC (sialic acid binding Ig-like lectin) family.
Contains 1 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
DomainContains 2 copies of a cytoplasmic motif that is referred to as the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitor motif (ITIM). This motif is involved in modulation of cellular responses. The phosphorylated ITIM motif can bind the SH2 domain of several SH2-containing phosphatases.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Tyr-340 is involved in binding to PTPN6 and PTPN11. Phosphorylation of Tyr-358 is involved in binding to PTPN6.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 33 antibody
- CD33 antibody
- CD33 antigen (gp67) antibody
ab124531 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Hernández-Caselles T et al. A study of CD33 (SIGLEC-3) antigen expression and function on activated human T and NK cells: two isoforms of CD33 are generated by alternative splicing. J Leukoc Biol 79:46-58 (2006). PubMed: 16380601
- Garnache-Ottou F et al. Expression of the myeloid-associated marker CD33 is not an exclusive factor for leukemic plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Blood 105:1256-64 (2005). PubMed: 15388576
- Schenk M et al. Macrophages expressing triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 are underrepresented in the human intestine. J Immunol 174:517-24 (2005). PubMed: 15611278
- Leone AM et al. Mobilization of bone marrow-derived stem cells after myocardial infarction and left ventricular function. Eur Heart J 26:1196-204 (2005). PubMed: 15734770
- Hernández-López C et al. Stromal cell-derived factor 1/CXCR4 signaling is critical for early human T-cell development. Blood 99:546-54 (2002). PubMed: 11781237
- Vitale C et al. Surface expression and function of p75/AIRM-1 or CD33 in acute myeloid leukemias: engagement of CD33 induces apoptosis of leukemic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:5764-9 (2001). PubMed: 11320212
- Shin YK et al. Expression of leukemia-associated antigen, JL1, in bone marrow and thymus. Am J Pathol 158:1473-80 (2001). PubMed: 11290565