Product namePerCP/Cy5.5® Conjugation Kit - Lightning-Link®
PerCP/Cy5.5® Conjugation Kit / PerCP/Cy5.5® Labeling Kit ab102911 uses a simple and quick process for PerCP/Cy5.5 labeling / conjugation of antibodies. It can also be used to conjugate other proteins or peptides. Learn about our antibody labeling kits and their advantages.
To conjugate an antibody to PerCP/Cy5.5® using this kit:
- add modifier to antibody and incubate for 3 hrs
- add quencher and incubate for 30 mins
The PerCP/Cy5.5® conjugated antibody can be used immediately in WB, ELISA, IHC etc. No further purification is required and 100% of the antibody is recovered for use.
Learn about buffer compatibility below; for incompatible buffers and low antibody concentrations, use our rapid antibody purification and concentration kits. Use the FAQ to learn more about the technology, or about conjugating other proteins and peptides to PerCP/Cy5.5®.
Custom size conjugation kits up to 100 mg are available on demand. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company, and was previously called Lightning-Link® PerCP/Cy5.5 Labeling Kit. 763-0015 is the same as the 1 mg size. 763-0010 is the same as the 3 x 100 ug size. 763-0030 is the same as the 3 x 10 ug size. 763-0005 is the same as the 100 µg size.
Amount and volume of antibody for conjugation to PerCP/Cy5.5®
Kit size Recommended maximum
amount of antibody
3 x 10 µg 3 x 10 µg 3 x 10 µL 100 µg 1 x 100 µg 1 x 100 µL 3 x 100 µg 3 x 100 µg 3 x 100 µL 1 mg 1 x 1 mg 1 x 1 mL
1 Ideal antibody concentration is 1mg/ml. 0.5 - 1 mg/ml can be used if the maximum antibody volume is not exceeded. Antibodies > 1 mg/ml or < 0.5 mg/ml should be diluted /concentrated.
Buffer Requirements for Conjugation
Buffer should be pH 6.5-8.5.
Compatible buffer constituents
If a concentration is shown, then the constituent should be no more than the concentration shown. If several constituents are close to the limit of acceptable concentration, then this can inhibit conjugation.
50mM / 0.6% Tris1 0.1% BSA 50% glycerol 0.1% sodium azide PBS Potassium phosphate Sodium chloride HEPES Sucrose Sodium citrate EDTA Trehalose
1 Tris buffered saline is almost always ≤ 50 mM / 0.6%
Incompatible buffer constituents
Thiomerosal Proclin Glycine Arginine Glutathione DTT
Only purified antibodies are suitable for use, ie. where other proteins, peptides, or amino acids are not present: antibodies in ascites fluid, serum or hybridoma culture.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 mg 100 µg 3 x 10 µg 3 x 100 µg ab274106 - Modifier reagent 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl ab274153 - PerCP/Cy5.5 mix 1 x 1mg 1 x 100µg 3 x 10µg 3 x 100µg ab274133 - Quencher reagent 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl
- Peridinin chlorophyll protein complex
This illustration demonstrates a general procedure and will slightly vary dependent on the conjugate used.
Maekawa N et al. used ab102911 as part of examining a canine chimeric monoclonal antibody targeting PD-L1.
They used the kit to conjugate PerCP/Cy5.5® to anti-canine CD4 antibody for use in flow cytometry.
To evaluate cell proliferation, nucleotide analogue 5-ethynyl-2′-deoxyuridine (EdU) was added to the medium on day 2, and cells were harvested after incubation for another 2 h. The lymphocyte population was gated by forward scatter and side scatter, and the incorporation of EdU in (c) CD4+ cells was measured by a flow cytometer. Statistical analysis was performed with a Wilcoxon signed rank-sum test.
ab102911 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Goto S et al. Upregulation of PD-L1 Expression by Prostaglandin E2 and the Enhancement of IFN-? by Anti-PD-L1 Antibody Combined With a COX-2 Inhibitor in Mycoplasma bovis Infection. Front Vet Sci 7:12 (2020). PubMed: 32154274
- Okagawa T et al. Cooperation of PD-1 and LAG-3 in the exhaustion of CD4+ and CD8+ T cells during bovine leukemia virus infection. Vet Res 49:50 (2018). PubMed: 29914540
- Maekawa N et al. A canine chimeric monoclonal antibody targeting PD-L1 and its clinical efficacy in canine oral malignant melanoma or undifferentiated sarcoma. Sci Rep 7:8951 (2017). PubMed: 28827658
- Mutoji K et al. TSPAN8 Expression Distinguishes Spermatogonial Stem Cells in the Prepubertal Mouse Testis. Biol Reprod 95:117 (2016). Conjugation . PubMed: 27733379