Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3527 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Can be blocked with Perilipin A+B peptide (ab5010).|
RelevancePerilipin is an intracellular neutral lipid droplet protein that is hormonally regulated. This protein is localized exclusively to the surface of lipid droplets. In response to lypotic stimuli, perilipin is phosphorylated by protein kinase A. Once activated, perilipin has inhibitory affects upon hormone-sensitive lipase (HSL), a protein that mediates the hydrolysis of triacylglycerol, the major form of stored energy in the body. Perilipin expression is limited to adipocytes and steroidogenic cells. There are currently two known isoforms, Perilipin A and B. Both of these proteins are encoded by a single-copy gene and are the result of differential splicing events.
Cellular localizationLipid droplet
- Lipid droplet associated protein antibody
- PERIA antibody
- PERIB antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Matushansky I et al. A developmental model of sarcomagenesis defines a differentiation-based classification for liposarcomas. Am J Pathol 172:1069-80 (2008). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 18310505) »
- Fernández-Veledo S et al. Hyperinsulinemia induces insulin resistance on glucose and lipid metabolism in a human adipocytic cell line: paracrine interaction with myocytes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:2866-76 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18430774) »