Key features and details
- Assay time: 45 min
- Sample type: Tissue sections
Product namePeriodic Acid Schiff (PAS) Stain Kit (Mucin Stain)
Sample typeTissue sections
Assay time0h 45m
The Periodic Acid Schiff (PAS) Stain Kit (Mucin Stain) is intended for use in histological demonstration of lymphocytes and mucopolysaccharides. The staining pattern of the lymphocytes are helpful in making therapeutic decisions in established cases of lymphocytic leukemia. The PAS reaction in tissue sections is useful for the demonstration of mucopolysaccharides. PAS staining may also be used for the demonstration of fungal organisms in tissue sections.
PAS staining protocol summary:
- deparaffinize sections (if necessary) and hydrate
- immerse slide in PAS solution for 5-10 min
- rinse 4 times with water
- immerse slide in Schiff's solution for 15-30 min and rinse
- stain slide with Hematoxylin for 2-3 min and rinse
- incubate in Bluing reagent for 30 s and rinse
- incubate in Light Green Solution for 2 min and rinse
- dehydrate with alcohol, clear and mount
Other products for staining tissue sections
Find more kits and reagents in the special stains guide, or products for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Fungal Organisms Magenta PAS Positive Material Magenta Nuclei Black/Blue Other Tissue Components Green/Blue
Control Tissue: Kidney, Intestine, Liver.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests Bluing Reagent 1 x 125ml Hematoxylin (Modified Mayer's Solution) 1 x 125ml Light Green Solution 1 x 125ml Periodic acid solution 1 x 250ml Schiff's solution 1 x 250ml
ab150680 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Khan HU et al. Food additive "lauric acid" possess non-toxic profile on biochemical, haematological and histopathological studies in female Sprague Dawley (SD) rats. PeerJ 8:e8805 (2020). PubMed: 32266118
- Tao S et al. Original low birth weight deteriorates the hindgut epithelial barrier function in pigs at the growing stage. FASEB J 33:9897-9912 (2019). PubMed: 31170357
- Ramli NSK et al. Hormonal control of vas deferens fluid volume and aquaporin expression in rats. J Mol Histol 50:21-34 (2019). PubMed: 30430402
- Heo JY & Im DS Anti-allergic effects of salvianolic acid A and tanshinone IIA from Salvia miltiorrhiza determined using in vivo and in vitro experiments. Int Immunopharmacol 67:69-77 (2019). PubMed: 30537633
- Kim MJ & Im DS Suppressive effects of type I angiotensin receptor antagonists, candesartan and irbesartan on allergic asthma. Eur J Pharmacol 852:25-33 (2019). PubMed: 30797786