Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Periostin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Periostin antibody
See all Periostin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Periostin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
Predicted to work with: Bird, Fish, Mammals, Amphibian
Synthetic peptide from the fasciclin domain 1 of mouse periostin.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92460 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa.|
FunctionBinds to heparin. Induces cell attachment and spreading and plays a role in cell adhesion. May play a role in extracellular matrix mineralization.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed with highest levels in aorta, stomach, lower gastrointestinal tract, placenta, uterus and breast. Up-regulated in epithelial ovarian tumors. Not expressed in normal ovaries. Also highly expressed at the tumor periphery of lung carcinoma tissue but not within the tumor. Overexpressed in breast cancers.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 EMI domain.
Contains 4 FAS1 domains.
modificationsGamma-carboxyglutamate residues are formed by vitamin K dependent carboxylation. These residues are essential for the binding of calcium.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Fasciclin-I like antibody
- MGC119510 antibody
- MGC119511 antibody
ab92460 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Manzanares MÁ et al. Overexpression of periostin and distinct mesothelin forms predict malignant progression in a rat cholangiocarcinoma model. Hepatol Commun 2:155-172 (2018). PubMed: 29404524
- Middleton RC et al. Newt cells secrete extracellular vesicles with therapeutic bioactivity in mammalian cardiomyocytes. J Extracell Vesicles 7:1456888 (2018). PubMed: 29696078
- Zhang ZR et al. Expression and clinical significance of periostin in oral lichen planus. Exp Ther Med 15:5141-5147 (2018). PubMed: 29805541
- Gonzalez L et al. Hyperglycemia Aggravates Diet-Induced Coronary Artery Disease and Myocardial Infarction in SR-B1-Knockout/ApoE-Hypomorphic Mice. Front Physiol 9:1398 (2018). PubMed: 30356742
- Schwanekamp JA et al. TGFBI functions similar to periostin but is uniquely dispensable during cardiac injury. PLoS One 12:e0181945 (2017). PubMed: 28750100