Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [8G2] to Peripherin
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Peripherin antibody [8G2]
See all Peripherin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8G2] to Peripherin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Human
Recombinant Rat Peripherin purified from E. coli.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.032% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49.98% Glycerol, 49.98% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified antibody from TCS.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4653 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 57 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa).|
FunctionClass-III neuronal intermediate filament protein.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- Information by UniProt
- NEF 4 antibody
- NEF4 antibody
- Neurofilament 4 (57kD) antibody
All lanes : Anti-Peripherin antibody [8G2] (ab4653) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 2 : mouse spinal cord
Lane 3 : rat spinal cord
Lane 4 : cow spinal cord
Lane 5 : SH-SY5Y cells
Lane 6 : PC12 cells
All lanes : Anti-Mouse IgG
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
Observed band size: 57 kDa
Additional bands at: 25 kDa (possible IgG), 50 kDa (possible IgG)
Immunofluorescent analysis of human neuroblastoma cell line SHSY5Y (A) and rat pheochromocytoma cell line PC12 (B), stained with ab4653 at dilution 1:500, in red, and costained with chicken pAb to vimentin, at dilution 1:10,000, in green. The blue is DAPI staining of nuclear DNA.
Cytoskeletal homogenates of rat spinal cord were run out on a 7.5% SDS-PAGE gel and stained with Coomassie brilliant blue (lane 1). H, M, L and G indicate the positions of neurofilament NF-H, NF-M, NF-L and glial fibrillary acidic protein respectively. These proteins, as expressed in rat, have SDS-PAGE molecular weights of 200kDa, 145kDa, 68kDa and 50kDa respectively. The same material was run out on a single wide lane on an SDS-PAGE gel and transferred to nitrocellulose. Individual strips cut from this membrane were probed with monoclonal antibody to peripherin (lane 2, ab4653), or polyclonal antibody to peripherin (lane 3, ab4666). Vimentin, a protein related to peripherin in protein sequence and structure, is also found in these preparations since it is found in astrocytes and endothelial cells. Vimentin runs a little faster on SDS-PAGE gels, as revealed with an antibody to this protein (Lane 4).
ab4653 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Li L et al. Up-regulation of Cavß3 subunit in primary sensory neurons increases voltage-activated Ca2+ channel activity and nociceptive input in neuropathic pain. J Biol Chem 287:6002-13 (2012). IHC-FrFl ; Rat . PubMed: 22187436
- Brandao KE et al. A-kinase anchoring protein 150 expression in a specific subset of TRPV1- and CaV 1.2-positive nociceptive rat dorsal root ganglion neurons. J Comp Neurol 520:81-99 (2012). WB, ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 21674494
- Errante L et al. The intermediate filament protein peripherin is a marker for cerebellar climbing fibres. J Neurocytol 27:69-84 (1998). PubMed: 9609398