Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PERK
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PERK antibody
See all PERK primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PERK
Specificityab79483 detects endogenous levels of total PERK protein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human PERK around the phosphorylation site of threonine 981 (RHTPGQ)
- IHC: human colon carcinoma tissue WB: extracts from MCF-7 cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79483 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 125 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionPhosphorylates the alpha subunit of eukaryotic translation-initiation factor 2 (EIF2), leading to its inactivation and thus to a rapid reduction of translational initiation and repression of global protein synthesis. Serves as a critical effector of unfolded protein response (UPR)-induced G1 growth arrest due to the loss of cyclin D1.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. A high level expression is seen in secretory tissues.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in EIF2AK3 are the cause of Wolcott-Rallison syndrome (WRS) [MIM:226980]; also known as multiple epiphyseal dysplasia with early-onset diabetes mellitus. WRS is a rare autosomal recessive disorder, characterized by permanent neonatal or early infancy insulin-dependent diabetes and, at a later age, epiphyseal dysplasia, osteoporosis, growth retardation and other multisystem manifestations, such as hepatic and renal dysfunctions, mental retardation and cardiovascular abnormalities.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. GCN2 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe lumenal domain senses perturbations in protein folding in the ER, probably through reversible interaction with HSPA5/BIP.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp781H1925 antibody
- E2AK3_HUMAN antibody
- EC 184.108.40.206 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PERK antibody (ab79483) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from MCF-7 cells
Lane 2 : extracts from MCF-7 cells with immunising peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 125 kDa
Observed band size: 125 kDa
IHC-P image of PERK staining on human cortical sections using ab79483 (1:500). The tissue was fixed in formaldehyde and the sections were then subjected to heat mediated antigen retrieval using citric acid and permeabilized using Triton-X. The sections were them blocked using 2% BSA for 1 hour at 20°C. ab79483 was diluted 1:500 and incubated with the sections for 18 hours at 20°C. The secondary antibody used was HRP conjugated Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG (1:500)
Immunohistochemistry analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma tissue, stained with ab79483 at 1/50-1/100 dilution, in the absence and presence of the immunising peptide
ab79483 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Zhong J et al. Therapeutic contribution of melatonin to the treatment of septic cardiomyopathy: A novel mechanism linking Ripk3-modified mitochondrial performance and endoplasmic reticulum function. Redox Biol 26:101287 (2019). PubMed: 31386965
- Barreiro E et al. Endoplasmic reticulum stress and unfolded protein response profile in quadriceps of sarcopenic patients with respiratory diseases. J Cell Physiol 234:11315-11329 (2019). PubMed: 30565689
- Li W et al. The role of circular RNA hsa_circ_0085616 in proliferation and migration of hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Cancer Manag Res 11:7369-7376 (2019). PubMed: 31496798
- Li D et al. Lobaplatin promotes 125I-induced apoptosis and inhibition of proliferation in hepatocellular carcinoma by upregulating PERK-eIF2a-ATF4-CHOP pathway. Cell Death Dis 10:744 (2019). PubMed: 31582720
- Li J et al. Thousand and one kinase 1 protects MCAO-induced cerebral ischemic stroke in rats by decreasing apoptosis and pro-inflammatory factors. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31652447