Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PERK (phospho T982)
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PERK (phospho T982) antibody
See all PERK primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PERK (phospho T982)
Specificityab192591 detects endogenous levels of PERK only when phosphorylated at threonine 982.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
- IHC-P: Human prostate carcinoma tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
PBS is without Mg2+ and Ca2+.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab192591 was purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. Non-phospho specific antibodies were removed by chromatogramphy using non-phosphopeptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab192591 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionPhosphorylates the alpha subunit of eukaryotic translation-initiation factor 2 (EIF2), leading to its inactivation and thus to a rapid reduction of translational initiation and repression of global protein synthesis. Serves as a critical effector of unfolded protein response (UPR)-induced G1 growth arrest due to the loss of cyclin D1.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. A high level expression is seen in secretory tissues.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in EIF2AK3 are the cause of Wolcott-Rallison syndrome (WRS) [MIM:226980]; also known as multiple epiphyseal dysplasia with early-onset diabetes mellitus. WRS is a rare autosomal recessive disorder, characterized by permanent neonatal or early infancy insulin-dependent diabetes and, at a later age, epiphyseal dysplasia, osteoporosis, growth retardation and other multisystem manifestations, such as hepatic and renal dysfunctions, mental retardation and cardiovascular abnormalities.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. GCN2 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe lumenal domain senses perturbations in protein folding in the ER, probably through reversible interaction with HSPA5/BIP.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp781H1925 antibody
- E2AK3_HUMAN antibody
- EC 220.127.116.11 antibody
ab192591 has been referenced in 28 publications.
- Hang L et al. Ox-LDL Causes Endothelial Cell Injury Through ASK1/NLRP3-Mediated Inflammasome Activation via Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress. Drug Des Devel Ther 14:731-744 (2020). PubMed: 32158192
- Zhao Y et al. MicroRNA-18a suppresses ovarian carcinoma progression by targeting CBX7 and regulating ERK/MAPK signaling pathway and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 24:5292-5302 (2020). PubMed: 32495862
- Yao X et al. Endoplasmic reticulum stress confers 5-fluorouracil resistance in breast cancer cell via the GRP78/OCT4/lncRNA MIAT/AKT pathway. Am J Cancer Res 10:838-855 (2020). PubMed: 32266094
- Westergard T et al. Repeat-associated non-AUG translation in C9orf72-ALS/FTD is driven by neuronal excitation and stress. EMBO Mol Med 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30617154
- Liu J et al. CD9 regulates keratinocyte migration by negatively modulating the sheddase activity of ADAM17. Int J Biol Sci 15:493-506 (2019). PubMed: 30745837