Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Peroxiredoxin 1/PAG
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Peroxiredoxin 1/PAG antibody
See all Peroxiredoxin 1/PAG primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Peroxiredoxin 1/PAG
Specificityab59538 reacts with Peroxiredoxin 1/PAG.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Cynomolgus monkey, Chinese hamster
- Recombinant human Peroxiredoxin 1/PAG protein (ab74172) can be used as a positive control in WB. Rat kidney and bronchiolar tissues.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59538 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/4000. Predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa.|
|ELISA||1/1000 - 1/4000.|
|IHC-Fr||1/500 - 1/1000.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionInvolved in redox regulation of the cell. Reduces peroxides with reducing equivalents provided through the thioredoxin system but not from glutaredoxin. May play an important role in eliminating peroxides generated during metabolism. Might participate in the signaling cascades of growth factors and tumor necrosis factor-alpha by regulating the intracellular concentrations of H(2)O(2). Reduces an intramolecular disulfide bond in GDPD5 that gates the ability to GDPD5 to drive postmitotic motor neuron differentiation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ahpC/TSA family.
Contains 1 thioredoxin domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Thr-90 during the M-phase, which leads to a more than 80% decrease in enzymatic activity.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- Heme binding 23 kDa protein antibody
- MSP23 antibody
- Natural killer cell-enhancing factor A antibody
ab59538 at 1/100 dilution staining Peroxiredoxin 1/PAG in Non-ciliated bronchiolar cells (Clara cells) of rat airway by Immunofluorescence. Secondary antibody Jackson Cy3 (1/200).
ab59528 at 1/100 dilution staining Peroxiredoxin 1/PAG in Rat kidney tubules by Immunofluorescence. Secondary antibody Jackson Cy3 (1/200).
All lanes : Anti-Peroxiredoxin 1/PAG antibody (ab59538) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Observed band size: 22 kDa
Additional bands at: 43 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
ab59538 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Wang S et al. Danhong Injection Protects Hemorrhagic Brain by Increasing Peroxiredoxin 1 in Aged Rats. Front Pharmacol 11:346 (2020). PubMed: 32292340
- Dai X et al. Peroxiredoxin 1 protein interacts with influenza virus ribonucleoproteins and is required for efficient virus replication. Vaccine 36:4540-4547 (2018). PubMed: 29921490
- Bhopale KK et al. Proteomic Profiling of Liver and Plasma in Chronic Ethanol Feeding Model of Hepatic Alcohol Dehydrogenase-Deficient Deer Mice. Alcohol Clin Exp Res 41:1675-1685 (2017). PubMed: 28792616
- Liu CH et al. Peroxiredoxin 1 induces inflammatory cytokine response and predicts outcome of cardiogenic shock patients necessitating extracorporeal membrane oxygenation: an observational cohort study and translational approach. J Transl Med 14:114 (2016). PubMed: 27142532
- Taniuchi K et al. Peroxiredoxin 1 promotes pancreatic cancer cell invasion by modulating p38 MAPK activity. Pancreas 44:331-40 (2015). PubMed: 25426613