Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Peroxiredoxin 2/PRP
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Peroxiredoxin 2/PRP antibody
See all Peroxiredoxin 2/PRP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Peroxiredoxin 2/PRP
ab59539 reacts with Peroxiredoxin 2/PRP.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow, Cynomolgus monkey, Chinese hamster, Orangutan
- WB: HeLa, whole tissue lysate prepared from murine liver. ICC: HeLa cells. IHC-P: Human colon tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59539 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/4000. Predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionInvolved in redox regulation of the cell. Reduces peroxides with reducing equivalents provided through the thioredoxin system. It is not able to receive electrons from glutaredoxin. May play an important role in eliminating peroxides generated during metabolism. Might participate in the signaling cascades of growth factors and tumor necrosis factor-alpha by regulating the intracellular concentrations of H(2)O(2).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ahpC/TSA family.
Contains 1 thioredoxin domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 2a antibody
- HEL S 2a antibody
- MGC4104 antibody
Anti-Peroxiredoxin 2/PRP antibody (ab59539) at 1/500 dilution + HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Observed band size: 22 kDa
Additional bands at: 37 kDa, 49 kDa, 75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
ICC/IF image of ab59539 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab39539, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab59539 (1/2000) staining peroxiredoxin 2/PRP in human colon using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong cytoplasmic staining of submucosal infiltrating leukocytes.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
All lanes : Anti-Peroxiredoxin 2/PRP antibody (ab59539) at 1/5000 dilution
All lanes : Whole tissue lysate prepared from murine liver
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Observed band size: 22,45 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab59539 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Wang G et al. The Prognosis Of Peroxiredoxin Family In Breast Cancer. Cancer Manag Res 11:9685-9699 (2019). PubMed: 31814764
- Arya AK et al. Quantitative proteomics analysis of sporadic parathyroid adenoma tissue samples. J Endocrinol Invest 42:577-590 (2019). PubMed: 30284223
- Kuzuya K et al. Proteomics analysis identified peroxiredoxin 2 involved in early-phase left ventricular impairment in hamsters with cardiomyopathy. PLoS One 13:e0192624 (2018). PubMed: 29438398
- Smith NT et al. Redox responses are preserved across muscle fibres with differential susceptibility to aging. J Proteomics 177:112-123 (2018). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 29438851
- Wang M et al. Thioredoxin 1 protects astrocytes from oxidative stress by maintaining peroxiredoxin activity. Mol Med Rep 13:2864-70 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26846911
- Klebe S et al. Peroxiredoxin I and II in Human Eyes: Cellular Distribution and Association with Pterygium and DNA Damage. J Histochem Cytochem N/A:N/A (2013). WB, IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24152995