Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Peroxiredoxin 2/PRP
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Peroxiredoxin 2/PRP antibody
See all Peroxiredoxin 2/PRP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Peroxiredoxin 2/PRP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Mouse Peroxiredoxin 2/PRP. Purified from E.Coli
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.01% BSA, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, HEPES
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71533 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).|
FunctionInvolved in redox regulation of the cell. Reduces peroxides with reducing equivalents provided through the thioredoxin system. It is not able to receive electrons from glutaredoxin. May play an important role in eliminating peroxides generated during metabolism. Might participate in the signaling cascades of growth factors and tumor necrosis factor-alpha by regulating the intracellular concentrations of H(2)O(2).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ahpC/TSA family.
Contains 1 thioredoxin domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 2a antibody
- HEL S 2a antibody
- MGC4104 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Peroxiredoxin 2/PRP antibody (ab71533) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : NIH3T3 cell lysate
Lane 3 : C6 cell lysate
Lane 4 : A431 cell lysate
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Observed band size: 25 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 30 kDa, 90 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab71533 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Su Z et al. Global redox proteome and phosphoproteome analysis reveals redox switch in Akt. Nat Commun 10:5486 (2019). PubMed: 31792197
- Yang SF et al. RKIP and peroxiredoxin 2 expression predicts the proliferative potential of gastric cancer stem cells. Oncol Lett 15:3173-3177 (2018). PubMed: 29435053
- Ruggiero C et al. Albumin-bound fatty acids but not albumin itself alter redox balance in tubular epithelial cells and induce a peroxide-mediated redox-sensitive apoptosis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 306:F896-906 (2014). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 24500687