Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Peroxiredoxin-SO3
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Peroxiredoxin-SO3 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Peroxiredoxin-SO3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic sulfonylated peptide (Human) conjugated to KLH, corresponding to Prx I-IV active site.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.01% BSA, HEPES, 0.09% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16830 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
RelevancePeroxiredoxin (Prx) is an antioxidant enzyme detoxifying reactive oxygen species and has a cysteine at the active site. Prx enzymes modulate various receptor signaling pathways and protect cells from oxidatively induced death. Peroxiredoxin 1 to 4 have two conserved Cys residues corresponding to Cys51 and Cys172 of mammalian Peroxiredoxin 1. The active site cysteine(Cys51) is oxidized to cysteine sulfenic acid(Cys51-SOH) when a peroxide is reduced. Because Cys51-SOH is unstable, it forms a disulfide with Cys172-SH which comes from the other subunit of the homodimer. The disulfide is then reduced back to the Prx active thiol form by the thioredoxin-thioredoxin reductase system. However, the formation of the disulfide is a slow process. Thus under oxidative stress conditions, the sulfenic intermediate(Cys51-SOH) can be easily over oxidized to cysteine sulfinic acid(Cys-SO2H) or cysteine sulfonic acid(Cys-SO3H) before it is able to form a disulfide. Recent studies suggest that over oxidized Prx can be reduced back to the active form during recovery after oxidative stress.
- Peroxiredoxin 1 antibody
- Peroxiredoxin 2 antibody
- Peroxiredoxin 3 antibody
Upper blot - Prx-SO3 antibody (ab16830) at 1/2000
Lower blot - Prx1 antibody as a loading control
Lane 1: H2O2 untreated HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2: H2O2 treated HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3: Reduced recombinant Prx1
Lane 4: Oxidized recombinant Prx1
IHC image of ab16830 staining in human hippocampus formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab16830,1/1000 dilution, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab16830 has been referenced in 49 publications.
- Svistunova DM et al. Oxidation resistance 1 regulates post-translational modifications of peroxiredoxin 2 in the cerebellum. Free Radic Biol Med 130:151-162 (2019). PubMed: 30389497
- Liu HL et al. Plasma level of peroxiredoxin 3 in patients with polycystic ovarian syndrome. BMC Endocr Disord 19:32 (2019). PubMed: 30871530
- Sandbichler AM et al. Metabolic Plasticity Enables Circadian Adaptation to Acute Hypoxia in Zebrafish Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem 46:1159-1174 (2018). PubMed: 29672321
- Carroll B et al. Oxidation of SQSTM1/p62 mediates the link between redox state and protein homeostasis. Nat Commun 9:256 (2018). PubMed: 29343728
- Putker M et al. Mammalian Circadian Period, But Not Phase and Amplitude, Is Robust Against Redox and Metabolic Perturbations. Antioxid Redox Signal 28:507-520 (2018). PubMed: 28506121