Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PF4
- Suitable for: WB, Sandwich ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: unknown
Product nameAnti-PF4 antibody
See all PF4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PF4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant hPF-4 (human Platelet Factor-4)
- Recombinant human PF4 protein (ab9562) can be used as a positive control in WB.
This product is no longer batch tested in IHC, for an IHC validated antibody please see ab49735
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9561 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 11 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa). To detect hPF-4 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hPF-4 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.|
|Sandwich ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with ab83123
FunctionReleased during platelet aggregation. Neutralizes the anticoagulant effect of heparin because it binds more strongly to heparin than to the chondroitin-4-sulfate chains of the carrier molecule. Chemotactic for neutrophils and monocytes. Inhibits endothelial cell proliferation, the short form is a more potent inhibitor than the longer form.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsBinds non-covalently to a proteoglycan molecule.
- Information by UniProt
- C-X-C motif chemokine 4 antibody
- Chemokine (C X C motif) ligand 4 antibody
- Chemokine (CXC motif) ligand 4 antibody
Anti-PF4 antibody (ab9561) at 1 µg/ml + Human Platelet (Human adult normal cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 11 kDa
Observed band size: 11 kDa
Additional bands at: 18 kDa, 30 kDa, 37 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 2 minutes
To detect Human PF-4 by sandwich ELISA (using 100μl/well) a concentration of 0.5-2.0 μg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with suitable detection antibody, allows the detection of at least 2000-4000 pg/ml of Recombinant Human PF-4.
ab9561 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Chanpeng P et al. Platelet proteome reveals specific proteins associated with platelet activation and the hypercoagulable state in ß-thalassmia/HbE patients. Sci Rep 9:6059 (2019). PubMed: 30988349
- Lande R et al. CXCL4 assembles DNA into liquid crystalline complexes to amplify TLR9-mediated interferon-a production in systemic sclerosis. Nat Commun 10:1731 (2019). PubMed: 31043596
- Carestia A et al. Platelets Promote Macrophage Polarization toward Pro-inflammatory Phenotype and Increase Survival of Septic Mice. Cell Rep 28:896-908.e5 (2019). PubMed: 31340152
- Gollomp K et al. Neutrophil accumulation and NET release contribute to thrombosis in HIT. JCI Insight 3:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30232279
- Maybin JA et al. Steroids Regulate CXCL4 in the Human Endometrium During Menstruation to Enable Efficient Endometrial Repair. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 102:1851-1860 (2017). PubMed: 28323919
- Izumi M et al. Reduced induction of anti-PF4/heparin antibody in RA patients after total knee arthroplasty. Arthritis Res Ther 18:191 (2016). Human . PubMed: 27558507
- Du Y et al. Wnt3a is critical for endothelial progenitor cell-mediated neural stem cell proliferation and differentiation. Mol Med Rep 14:2473-82 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27484039
- Fritzer A et al. Chemokine degradation by the Group A streptococcal serine proteinase ScpC can be reconstituted in vitro and requires two separate domains. Biochem J 422:533-42 (2009). WB . PubMed: 19552626
- Houard X et al. Mediators of neutrophil recruitment in human abdominal aortic aneurysms. Cardiovasc Res 82:532-41 (2009). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 19201759
- Lambert MP et al. Platelet factor 4 is a negative autocrine in vivo regulator of megakaryopoiesis: clinical and therapeutic implications. Blood 110:1153-60 (2007). Neutralising ; Human . PubMed: 17495129