Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR19735] to PFKFB3 (phospho S461)
- Suitable for: Dot blot, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameAnti-PFKFB3 (phospho S461) antibody [EPR19735]
See all PFKFB3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR19735] to PFKFB3 (phospho S461)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Dot blot, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human PFKFB3 aa 450 to the C-terminus (phospho S461). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: HEK-293T transfected with mPFKFB3 (WT) whole cell lysate. ICC/IF: Flag-mPFKFB3 transfected HEK-293T cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab202291 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa).|
FunctionSynthesis and degradation of fructose 2,6-bisphosphate.
Sequence similaritiesIn the C-terminal section; belongs to the phosphoglycerate mutase family.
modificationsPhosphorylation by AMPK stimulates activity.
- Information by UniProt
- 6 phosphofructo 2 kinase/ fructose 2,6 bisphosphatase antibody
- 6 phosphofructo 2 kinase/fructose 2,6 biphosphatase 3 antibody
- 6-bisphosphatase antibody
All lanes : Anti-PFKFB3 (phospho S461) antibody [EPR19735] (ab202291) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney) transfected with empty vector (vector control), whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney) transfected with mPFKFB3 (WT) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney) transfected with mPFKFB3 (WT), then treated with alkaline phosphatase for 1 hour, whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney) transfected with mPFKFB3 S461A mutant, whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 60 kDa
Observed band size: 60 kDa
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Blocking/Dilution buffer: 2% BSA/TBST.
The plasmids were kindly provided by our collaborator Dr. Jianghuai Liu, Nanjing University MARC.
Dot blot analysis of PFKFB3 (phospho S461) labeled with ab202291 at 1/1000 dilution.
Lane 1: PFKFB3 (phospho S461) peptide;
Lane 2: PFKFB3 non-phospho peptide.
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated (ab97051) at 1/20000 was used as secondary antibody.
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Exposure time: 10 seconds.
Immunofluorescent analysis of 4% paraformaldehyde-fixed, 0.2% Triton X-100 permeabilized HEK-293T (Human epithelial cell line from embryonic kidney) cells labeling PFKFB3 (phospho S461) with ab202291 at 1/100 dilution. Counterstained with Anti-FLAG antibody (green).
The results showed positive staining on Flag-mPFKFB3 transfected HEK-293T cells and no staining on Flag-mPFKFB3 S461A mutant transfected HEK-293T cells. The image was provided by our collaborator Dr. Jianghuai Liu, Nanjing University MARC.
The nuclear counter stain is DAPI (blue).
ab202291 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Nomoto H et al. Activation of the HIF1a/PFKFB3 stress response pathway in beta cells in type 1 diabetes. Diabetologia 63:149-161 (2020). PubMed: 31720731
- Fujiwara H et al. Mutant IDH1 confers resistance to energy stress in normal biliary cells through PFKP-induced aerobic glycolysis and AMPK activation. Sci Rep 9:18859 (2019). PubMed: 31827136