Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to PFKFB4
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-PFKFB4 antibody
See all PFKFB4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PFKFB4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
Recombinant fragment within Human PFKFB4 aa 200-469 (internal sequence). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: HepG2 and Raji cell lysates; IHC-P: NCI-N87 xenograft, mouse spleen and testis tissue; ICC/IF: NT2D1 cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 79.99% PBS, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137785 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol using 10mM Citrate buffer (pH6.0) or Tris-EDTA buffer (pH8.0).|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionSynthesis and degradation of fructose 2,6-bisphosphate.
Sequence similaritiesIn the C-terminal section; belongs to the phosphoglycerate mutase family.
- Information by UniProt
- 6-bisphosphatase antibody
- 6-P2ase 4 antibody
- 6-P2ASE testis-type isozyme antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse spleen tissue labelling PFKFB4 with ab137785 at 1/500 dilution. Antigen retrieval performed with an EDTA based buffer, pH 8.0, 15 min
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse testis tissue labelling PFKFB4 with ab137785 at 1/500 dilution. Antigen retrieval performed with a citrate buffer, pH 6.0, 15 min
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence of NT2D1 staining PFKFB4 using ab137785 at a dilution of 1/500. Nuclear staining using Hoechst 33342.
Anti-PFKFB4 antibody (ab137785) at 1/1000 dilution + Rat tissue extract at 50 µg
HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG antibody
Predicted band size: 54 kDa
Anti-PFKFB4 antibody (ab137785) at 1/1000 dilution + Raji whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 54 kDa
10% SDS PAGE
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded NCI-N87 xenograft tissue labelling PFKFB4 with ab137785 at 1/500 dilution. Antigen retrieval performed with an EDTA based buffer, pH 8.0, 15 min
ab137785 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Ellis R et al. Increased expression and phosphorylation of 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase/fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase isoforms in urinary exosomes in pre-eclampsia. J Transl Med 17:60 (2019). PubMed: 30819197
- Yao L et al. High expression of metabolic enzyme PFKFB4 is associated with poor prognosis of operable breast cancer. Cancer Cell Int 19:165 (2019). PubMed: 31244553
- Gao R et al. PFKFB4 Promotes Breast Cancer Metastasis via Induction of Hyaluronan Production in a p38-Dependent Manner. Cell Physiol Biochem 50:2108-2123 (2018). PubMed: 30415245
- Gao R et al. CD44ICD promotes breast cancer stemness via PFKFB4-mediated glucose metabolism. Theranostics 8:6248-6262 (2018). PubMed: 30613295
- Chesney J et al. Fructose-2,6-bisphosphate synthesis by 6-phosphofructo-2-kinase/fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase 4 (PFKFB4) is required for the glycolytic response to hypoxia and tumor growth. Oncotarget 5:6670-86 (2014). WB . PubMed: 25115398