Product nameAnti-PGC1 alpha antibody
See all PGC1 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to PGC1 alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Goat, Chicken, Cow, Dog
- WB: Rat duodenum tissue lysate; ICC/IF: HeLa and U2OS cells; Flow Cytometry: HeLa cells.
This product may be covered by one or more of the following U.S. Patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab106814 was purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab106814 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 100 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 91 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionTranscriptional coactivator for steroid receptors and nuclear receptors. Greatly increases the transcriptional activity of PPARG and thyroid hormone receptor on the uncoupling protein promoter. Can regulate key mitochondrial genes that contribute to the program of adaptive thermogenesis. Plays an essential role in metabolic reprogramming in response to dietary availability through coordination of the expression of a wide array of genes involved in glucose and fatty acid metabolism. Induces the expression of PERM1 in the skeletal muscle in an ESRRA-dependent manner. Also involved in the integration of the circadian rhythms and energy metabolism. Required for oscillatory expression of clock genes, such as ARNTL/BMAL1 and NR1D1, through the coactivation of RORA and RORC, and metabolic genes, such as PDK4 and PEPCK.
Tissue specificityHeart, skeletal muscle, liver and kidney. Expressed at lower levels in brain and pancreas and at very low levels in the intestine and white adipose tissue. In skeletal muscle, levels were lower in obese than in lean subjects and fasting induced a 2-fold increase in levels in the skeletal muscle in obese subjects.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation by AMPK in skeletal muscle increases activation of its own promoter. Phosphorylated by CLK2.
Heavily acetylated by GCN5 and biologically inactive under conditions of high nutrients. Deacetylated by SIRT1 in low nutrients/high NAD conditions.
Ubiquitinated. Ubiquitination by RNF34 induces proteasomal degradation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus; Nucleus and Nucleus. Nucleus, PML body.
- Information by UniProt
- L PGC 1alpha antibody
- LEM6 antibody
- Ligand effect modulator 6 antibody
All lanes : Anti-PGC1 alpha antibody (ab106814) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Rat duodenum tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Rat duodenum tissue lysate with Immunizing peptide
Lysates/proteins at 35 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 91 kDa
Observed band size: 100 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunofluorescent analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed U2OS cells labeling PGC1 alpha with ab106814. Cells were permeabilized with 0.15% Triton. Primary incubation 1hr (10 µg/ml) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (2 µg/ml), showing nuclear and cytoplasmic staining. Actin filaments were stained with phalloidin (red) and the nuclear stain is DAPI (blue). Negative control: Unimmunized goat IgG (10 µg/ml) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (2 µg/ml).
Flow cytometric analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed HeLa cells labeling PCG1 alpha with ab106814 (blue line). Cells were permeabilized with 0.5% Triton. Primary incubation 1hr (10 µg/mL) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (1 µg/mL). IgG control: Unimmunized goat IgG (black line) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody.
Immunofluorescent analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed HeLa cells labeling PGC1 alpha with ab106814. Cells were permeabilized with 0.15% Triton. Primary incubation 1hr (10 µg/mL) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (2 µg/mL), showing nuclear and cytoplasmic staining. Actin filaments were stained with phalloidin (red) and the nuclear stain is DAPI (blue). Negative control: Unimmunized goat IgG (10 µg/mL) followed by Alexa Fluor 488 secondary antibody (2 µg/mL).
ab106814 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Thapa D et al. Adropin reduces blood glucose levels in mice by limiting hepatic glucose production. Physiol Rep 7:e14043 (2019). PubMed: 31004398
- Gundersen AE et al. Altered Mitochondrial Network Morphology and Regulatory Proteins in Mitochondrial Quality Control in Myotubes from Severely Obese Humans With or Without Type 2 Diabetes. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31356754
- Chai N et al. Spermidine Prevents Heart Injury in Neonatal Rats Exposed to Intrauterine Hypoxia by Inhibiting Oxidative Stress and Mitochondrial Fragmentation. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:5406468 (2019). PubMed: 31217839
- de Las Heras N et al. Chronic Exercise Improves Mitochondrial Function and Insulin Sensitivity in Brown Adipose Tissue. Front Physiol 9:1122 (2018). PubMed: 30174613
- Biesemann N et al. High throughput screening of mitochondrial bioenergetics in human differentiated myotubes identifies novel enhancers of muscle performance in aged mice. Sci Rep 8:9408 (2018). PubMed: 29925868