Product nameAnti-PGC1 alpha antibody
See all PGC1 alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to PGC1 alpha
SpecificityThe immunogen sequence for this antibody is 78% homologous with PGC1 beta (Uniprot: Q86YN6).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Zebrafish
Predicted to work with: Horse, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Pig, Cynomolgus monkey, Rhesus monkey, Opossum
- IHC-P: Mouse kidney tissue. ICC/IF: Human white adipose tissue progenitor cells. WB: Mouse Brown Adipose Tissue.
This product may be covered by one or more of the following U.S. Patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab54481 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 92 kDa.
Use of nuclear extracts for WB is recommended since protein is nuclear and expression within whole cell lysate can be low.
|ICC/IF||1/300. PubMed: 22545021|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionTranscriptional coactivator for steroid receptors and nuclear receptors. Greatly increases the transcriptional activity of PPARG and thyroid hormone receptor on the uncoupling protein promoter. Can regulate key mitochondrial genes that contribute to the program of adaptive thermogenesis. Plays an essential role in metabolic reprogramming in response to dietary availability through coordination of the expression of a wide array of genes involved in glucose and fatty acid metabolism. Induces the expression of PERM1 in the skeletal muscle in an ESRRA-dependent manner. Also involved in the integration of the circadian rhythms and energy metabolism. Required for oscillatory expression of clock genes, such as ARNTL/BMAL1 and NR1D1, through the coactivation of RORA and RORC, and metabolic genes, such as PDK4 and PEPCK.
Tissue specificityHeart, skeletal muscle, liver and kidney. Expressed at lower levels in brain and pancreas and at very low levels in the intestine and white adipose tissue. In skeletal muscle, levels were lower in obese than in lean subjects and fasting induced a 2-fold increase in levels in the skeletal muscle in obese subjects.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation by AMPK in skeletal muscle increases activation of its own promoter. Phosphorylated by CLK2.
Heavily acetylated by GCN5 and biologically inactive under conditions of high nutrients. Deacetylated by SIRT1 in low nutrients/high NAD conditions.
Ubiquitinated. Ubiquitination by RNF34 induces proteasomal degradation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus; Nucleus and Nucleus. Nucleus, PML body.
- Information by UniProt
- L PGC 1alpha antibody
- LEM6 antibody
- Ligand effect modulator 6 antibody
Immunofluorescence analysis of Human white adipose tissue progenitor cells, staining PGC1 alpha (green) with ab54481.
Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde and permeabilized in 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 min. Cells were incubated with primary antibody (1/300) and staining was detected with Alexa Fluor® 546-conjugated anti-rabbit secondary antibody (1/1000).
All lanes : Anti-PGC1 alpha antibody (ab54481) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse Brown Adipose Tissue at 10 µg
Lane 2 : Mouse Brown Adipose Tissue at 20 µg
Predicted band size: 92 kDa
Observed band size: 105 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Western blot using ab54481 at 1:2000 to detect PGC1 alpha in Mouse brown adipose tissue whole cell extract (both lanes).
Immunohistochemical analysis of mouse kidney tissue, staining PGC1 alpha with ab54481.
Tissue was fixed with 10% Neutral Buffered Formalin and blocked with 0.25% protein block for 20 minutes at 25°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/250 in 1% BSA + 0.5% skim milk) for 16 hours at 4°C. An HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
ab54481 has been referenced in 219 publications.
- Fappi A et al. Omega-3 multiple effects increasing glucocorticoid-induced muscle atrophy: autophagic, AMPK and UPS mechanisms. Physiol Rep 7:e13966 (2019). PubMed: 30648357
- Ren T et al. Protection of hepatocyte mitochondrial function by blueberry juice and probiotics via SIRT1 regulation in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Food Funct 10:1540-1551 (2019). PubMed: 30785444
- Connelly KA et al. Empagliflozin Improves Diastolic Function in a Nondiabetic Rodent Model of Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction. JACC Basic Transl Sci 4:27-37 (2019). PubMed: 30847416
- McMurphy T et al. Hypothalamic gene transfer of BDNF promotes healthy aging in mice. Aging Cell 18:e12846 (2019). PubMed: 30585393
- Zhang H et al. Chinese medicine Jinlida granules improve high-fat-diet induced metabolic disorders via activation of brown adipose tissue in mice. Biomed Pharmacother 114:108781 (2019). PubMed: 30903919