Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 6.71 pg/ml
- Range: 3.05 pg/ml - 50000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Plasma, Saliva, Serum, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
- Reacts with: Human, Pig, a wide range of other species
Product namePGF2 alpha ELISA Kit
See all PGF2 alpha kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Low 83pg/ml 13.1% Medium 405pg/ml 6.8% High 916pg/ml 4.9% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Low 47pg/ml 9.7% Medium 290pg/ml 5.5% High 731pg/ml 3.1%
Sample typeSaliva, Urine, Serum, Plasma
Range3.05 pg/ml - 50000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Saliva 103.5 % - % Urine 107 % - % Serum 100.3 % - % Plasma 96.9 % - %
Assay time3h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Pig, a wide range of other species
Abcam’s PGF2 alpha in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of PGF2 alpha in Porcine Plasma, Porcine and Human Serum, Saliva, Urine and Tissue Culture Media.
A donkey anti-sheep IgG antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, along with an alkaline phosphatase (AP) conjugated-PGF2 alpha antigen and a polyclonal sheep antibody specific to PGF2 alpha. After incubation the excess reagents are washed away. pNpp substrate is added and after a short incubation the enzyme reaction is stopped and the yellow color generated is read at 405 nm. The intensity of the yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of PGF2 alpha captured in the plate.
Prostaglandin F2α (PGF2α) is formed in a variety of cells from PGH2, which itself is synthesized from arachidonic acid by the enzyme prostaglandin synthetase. PGF2α is often viewed as an antagonist to PGE2 due to their opposing effects on various tissues. PGF2α is a potent bronchoconstrictor and has been implicated in asthma attacks. PGF2α is also involved in reproductive functions including corpus luteum regulation, uterine contractions, and sperm motility. This has led to its use in terminating pregnancies and inducing labor at term. High levels of PGF2α have also been associated with pre-eclampsia.
Compound % Cross Reactivity PGF2α 100 PGF1α 11.82 PGD2 3.62 6-keto-PGF1α 1.38 PGI2 1.25 PGE2 0.77 Thromboxane B2 0.77 8-iso PGF2α 0.73 PGE1 0.39 PGA2 <0.10 6,15-keto-13,14-dihydro-PGF1α <0.01 2-Arachidonoylglycerol <0.01 Anandamide <0.01
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 30ml Assay Buffer 1 x 30ml Direct 8-iso-PGF2 alpha Antibody 1 x 5ml Donkey anti-sheep IgG Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit PGF2α Standard 1 x 0.5ml PGF2 alpha Alkaline Phosphatase Conjugate 1 x 5ml Plate Sealer 1 unit pNpp Substrate 1 x 20ml Stop Solution 1 x 5ml
- Prostaglandin F2 alpha
ab133041 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Ahmad AA et al. Sex differences in the role of phospholipase A2 -dependent arachidonic acid pathway in the perivascular adipose tissue function in pigs. J Physiol 595:6623-6634 (2017). PubMed: 28877347
- Lai CY et al. Physicochemistry and cardiovascular toxicity of metal fume PM2.5: a study of human coronary artery endothelial cells and welding workers. Sci Rep 6:33515 (2016). Human . PubMed: 27641436
- Shin D et al. Dietary Compound Kaempferol Inhibits Airway Thickening Induced by Allergic Reaction in a Bovine Serum Albumin-Induced Model of Asthma. Int J Mol Sci 16:29980-95 (2015). PubMed: 26694364