Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [22C5D8] to PGK1 (HRP)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-PGK1 antibody [22C5D8] (HRP)
See all PGK1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [22C5D8] to PGK1 (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to PGK1.
- WB: Saccharomyces cerevisiae (Y190) cell lysate. IHC-P: FFPE human colon tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at +4°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% 10% Proclin 300 Solution
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesNear homogeneity (Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE). The antibody was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by chemical fractionation.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab197960 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/70 - 1/80. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionIn addition to its role as a glycolytic enzyme, it seems that PGK-1 acts as a polymerase alpha cofactor protein (primer recognition protein).
PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 2/5.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in PGK1 are the cause of phosphoglycerate kinase 1 deficiency (PGK1D) [MIM:300653]. It is a condition with a highly variable clinical phenotype that includes hemolytic anemia, rhabdomyolysis, myopathy and neurologic involvement. Patients can express one or more of these manifestations.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the phosphoglycerate kinase family.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell migration-inducing gene 10 protein antibody
- Epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 68p antibody
- HEL S 68p antibody
IHC image of PGK1 staining in a section of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded human normal colon*. The section was pre-treated using pressure cooker heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6) for 30mins, and incubated overnight at +4°C with ab197960 at 1/71 dilution. DAB was used as the chromogen (ab103723), diluted 1/100 and incubated for 10min at room temperature. The section was counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX. The inset negative control image is taken from an identical assay without primary antibody.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
Anti-PGK1 antibody [22C5D8] (HRP) (ab197960) at 1/5000 dilution + S.cerevisiae (Y190) Whole Cell Lysate at 20 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa
Exposure time: 1 minute
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 3% milk before being incubated with ab197960 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was visualised using ECL development solution ab133406.
ab197960 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Chio US et al. A Chaperone Lid Ensures Efficient and Privileged Client Transfer during Tail-Anchored Protein Targeting. Cell Rep 26:37-44.e7 (2019). PubMed: 30605684
- Jenkins SS et al. Role of the Srs2-Rad51 Interaction Domain in Crossover Control in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics 212:1133-1145 (2019). PubMed: 31142613
- Lynch KL et al. The effects of manipulating levels of replication initiation factors on origin firing efficiency in yeast. PLoS Genet 15:e1008430 (2019). PubMed: 31584938
- Talhaoui I et al. Slx5-Slx8 ubiquitin ligase targets active pools of the Yen1 nuclease to limit crossover formation. Nat Commun 9:5016 (2018). PubMed: 30479332